Yumina The Ethereal Walkthrough and Quests

FamedWolf

I think I had trouble with that one as well. They have a big chance of dropping from the gargoyles during hyper encounters. Just get a hyper event going (the one where you get several in a row), go to the next level, save, and start save-scumming until you get it.

Unfortunately, there's no good English walkthrough for the dungeon parts of the game that I've found. This site will help you get the individual girls' routes though: http://digitalvncloud.blogspot.no/2013/09/yumina-ethereal-walkthrough-work-in.html

I would sometimes try googling the words "Yumina the ethereal" and whatever I was stuck with ("Gargoyle Head" in this case) and see if I got lucky and found a forum or something where it was discussed. Worked out a few times.

I never had troubles with quests.

I just check the dungeon, what floor is it, stuff like that in the info of it.

Yeah, but there were a few cases where the quest info was just wrong, and I didn't find out until Google saved me. But the trouble I had most of the time were the horrible drop rates.

thanks, i'll keep that in mind.

btw, why is that the on the status part, the l attack and s attack are negative values. what does it mean? 

351uwr4.jpg

Because it lowers that stat.

Target is for the enemy in this case.

Anyone that attacks the character using that defense skill will will have their logic and spirit attack stats lowered by 12 points for 3 turns, and the user of that skill will have their logic defense lowered by 2 points for 3 turns (that one is because it's a  yellow skill, skills with yellow names have different properties randomly assigned to them, and can sometimes be negative).

It took me a while to learn how to decipher the skill and item screens. The game's interface is really unintuitive sometimes.

Okay, so here's a question. How the heck are you supposed to win the Nayuta fight? Well, I can defeat her, but I can't get the crazy 81% approval rating necessary for the actual victory. Her attacks just swing the rating in her favor so much and I can't get above 55% no matter what I do. I have a feeling this isn't something that grinding will resolve.

edit: Aaand after multiple tries of course the first try after I make this post I get it. The trick was basically to spam Yumina's shining smile skill which drained green and caused Nayuta to fumble a lot and built up the approval rating. I honestly forgot that skill even existed!

Okay, so here's a question. How the heck are you supposed to win the Nayuta fight? Well, I can defeat her, but I can't get the crazy 81% approval rating necessary for the actual victory. Her attacks just swing the rating in her favor so much and I can't get above 55% no matter what I do. I have a feeling this isn't something that grinding will resolve.

edit: Aaand after multiple tries of course the first try after I make this post I get it. The trick was basically to spam Yumina's shining smile skill which drained green and caused Nayuta to fumble a lot and built up the approval rating. I honestly forgot that skill even existed!

Haha. Yeah.

I think most have a hard time with her as well. What killed me was that one move that does massive damage to everyone in my party. Then I figured out I should drain whatever audience color she needs to make it work. Same with that healing of hers. Also, don't know if you know this but every battle for student council president, you can unlock an attack that can do massive damage to the candidate. And its the way to unlock some cg.

Edit: Just realized that this doesn't help you Decay. Seeing as how Nayuta is

the last student you fight for student council president.

Oh well. Maybe you can use it for new game+

I remembered I had to play the game again 2 times because of that boss fight.

Sad it just keeps getting more annoying from that point.

Aaargh, I'm raging at the next set of battles though. they're way too hard if you didn't train during chapter 4, but if you do train during chapter 4 then you're locked out of a LOT of stuff, which is really stupid design.

edit: So basically those fights are just a roll of the dice to determine whether or not the AI is going to be a dick and constantly heal or if they'll forget about healing long enough for you to kill them.

Can anyone explain how the total audience rating is calculated? I just replaced a bunch of skills with higher level versions and all of a sudden I dropped from 140 total audience to 120. Which obvious makes using those more expensive skills trickier.

i actually got a hundred percent rating for Nayuta's fight by using backyard attacks with positive audience rating. It took me a while though

Anyone that attacks the character using that defense skill will will have their logic and spirit attack stats lowered by 12 points for 3 turns, and the user of that skill will have their logic defense lowered by 2 points for 3 turns (that one is because it's a yellow skill, skills with yellow names have different properties randomly assigned to them, and can sometimes be negative).

It took me a while to learn how to decipher the skill and item screens. The game's interface is really unintuitive sometimes.

thanks. i actually got it while reading the description and manuals haha.

Training is the part that sucks in RPGs in general. I find that just annoying.

It's really hard to train especially on election days where a lot of activities are lined up. I usually train once a day every battle to level by characters.

It's really tiring and takes most of your time leveling than actually learning of the story

It's really hard to train especially on election days where a lot of activities are lined up. I usually train once a day every battle to level by characters.

It's really tiring and takes most of your time leveling than actually learning of the story 

I trained on day 9, the day before the election battle, and I never had trouble.

It was simply annoying to go through the 10 floors , maybe it´s made to also train your patience.

I trained on day 9, the day before the election battle, and I never had trouble.

It was simply annoying to go through the 10 floors , maybe it´s made to also train your patience.

Not a bad strategy actually. If you have enough healing items and are lucky with the green health pickups, and have a good amount of glasses of true sight AND have that item that takes you out of the dungeon and saves your progress you should do fine. Although if you'd rather just focus on getting cgs than it gets trickier. I think sometimes the candidates require you to work everyday, triggering flags to get not only the special move that can do massive damage to the candidate but some new cg's.

Here's a heads up. In order to get the true ending you need to finish all the side quest that the princess or anyone close to her requests of you, some portions of this wont be unlocked until you reach a higher difficulty, and you must do all three routes. Not sure if doing the extra stuff with the candidates is required.

Also if you're gonna do all the side missions, then keep all the stuff that enemy drops. If not then go ahead and sell them for loads of money. On my second playthrough I kept all the items that enemies dropped and didn't realize till later that these were just for side quest that I wasn't doing anyways. So I sold them all at once and got like 20,000,000 yen.

My understanding is that in order to get the true ending you need to complete the three main routes, including one of them on the hardest difficulty, you have to finish a "graduation route" (I don't know what that is), and you have to complete the entire fantasy world quest line. There are a lot of requirements, I wonder if I'll bother.

If I remember correctly, you could restart the chapter if you lose the final battle of that chapter and still retain your levels and events you did in the virtual reality world. But not the special moves gained through events. Doing the training in the first playthrough of the chapter and the events in the next made the fights much easier.

Are levels, skills and equipment retained in new game or not?

Yes they are. Which is why you should raise the difficulty when you start new game+. If you don't then your enemies will be low leveled and be hard to kill since your moves will require more audience rating and the total amount of audience rating will be small.

As for the scapegoat thing, I don't know. Usually the quest will tell you where you can get the items, but I've heard that some quests are mistranslated and are in different dungeons. Most of them should be right though.