Narcissu1st&2nd

Andrew1711

I came across this free to play on Steam and started to read it.  I havnt gotten very far but it seems pretty interesting. The thing that turns me off is that (so far) there are no charicters shown. the only visuals I have seen is the room that the story is taking place in. Any one know if this VN is worth the full readthrough?

I enjoyed narcissu (both of them). It's a pretty good given it's length being pretty short. You won't see any of the characters except for a few CGs so that might be disappointing for you but try to look past it. :)

Narcissu is one of the unique ones out there. It doesn't have character sprites, and the background doesn't cover up the whole screen. It felt more like watching a movie than reading to me, and it's the only VN that I read on auto-mode throughout. 

Definitely read the whole thing, it's worth it.

Narcissu is a mature themed vn. It's not your typical out of the mill moege, our market is flooded with nowadays. It was adapted from a short novel written by Tomo Kataoka, which tells a story of a terminally ill girl.

You should read it. Even if you won't like it that much, you should read it anyway. It's one of those very few vn's everyone should read.

Narcissu was my first VN and will always hold a special place in my heart :). Back then, I had no idea that most VNs have far more character sprites than that, so it was never an issue for me. The story, especially Side 2nd, truly is one of the best, and I would highly recommend it to anybody :)!

Yeah, I'm gonna say it is definitely worth playing through. The first one is only about 5 hours long, so it should take too long to go through. As for the visuals... they don't get any better, but at least I got used to it after the first fifteen minutes. You might have a similar experience.