IMHHW ADV player HD crash

Game Name: If my heart had wings

I looked at the other post, but I couldn't understand the part where it said 'uninstall ADV player HD' and 'CCCP'.

Erm...I've got my system set to japanese locale,

I've tried starting in windows XP compatibility, administrator mode.

I've also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

it always crashes at the point where kotori decides to join the soaring club.

any solutions?

ADV player HD is a media player program, and CCCP is a codec-pack.

My guess is that it crashes when a video should start, that can explain why they suggest to uninstall a media-player and codecs. Perhaps they are incompatible.

Good luck!

ADV player HD is a media player program, and CCCP is a codec-pack.

My guess is that it crashes when a video should start, that can explain why they suggest to uninstall a media-player and codecs. Perhaps they are incompatible.

Good luck!

yes...apparently it's where the opening is.

so do you know what I am meant to do? because i don't really get how to uninstall these things.

• Go to your computer's Control Panel (start menu or right-click on Computer on your desktop and select "Properties")
  • Go to the main page
  • If you're using the category view, click "Uninstall programs", otherwise "Programs and Functions"
  • Find CCCP, click it in the list, and "Uninstall" above the folds

Don't know if ADV player has to be uninstalled separately, but do that too if you can find it.

3 threads in 2 weeks - time to put this in the FAQ, mods?

Stop using CCCP. Use K-Lite. Normally this shouldn't be an issue, since codecs don't have anything to do with the game itself and a game can't force people to uninstall something, which is an integral part of a normally functioning system nowadays. Konosora seems to be seriously messed up. Unfortunately, I haven't played it yet, so I can't give any tips on how to deal with it, but I'll definately take a look.

Most of japanese devs are really bad with actually being able to use or program anything into their games and they are obsessively stubborn with remaining behind.

Stop using CCCP. Use K-Lite. Normally this shouldn't be an issue, since codecs don't have anything to do with the game itself and a game can't force people to uninstall something, which is an integral part of a normally functioning system nowadays. Konosora seems to be seriously messed up. Unfortunately, I haven't played it yet, so I can't give any tips on how to deal with it yet, but I'll definately take a look into it.

Most of japanese devs are really bad with actually being able to use or program anything into their games and they are obsessively stubborn with remaining behind.

This is not true. First of all K-Lite isn't any better than CCCP. Though which one of them is less crap is debatable. I would probably vote for CCCP.

Secondly packs does have something to do with the game itself because they are used for playing back said opening.

As for the issue itself. AbsurdDream noted that someone recommended him to uninstall CCCP. That wasn't a bad advice, but it doesn't means that this is definitely CCCP's fault, but rather some of the codecs can be broken and cause this issue. That could be some other codecs that user himself installed, or codecs that were installed by some crappy proprietary software.

AbsurdDream

In any case, if it crashes right before the opening, try to remove the codec pack you use (if any) and try it again. Or remove, reinstall it and then try again, or remove it completely and install latest stable LAVfilters (without any codecpacks this time). If nothing helps, you probably on your own with this, because most likely the issue is not with the VN itself but with your windows.

P.S.

ADV player HD is not a "some media player program" that you should uninstall. That's the engine of the Konosora itself.

By the way. Sometimes similar issues can be caused by windows updates. Some time ago KB2803821 update caused problems in many games and even if all codecs were ok, people were getting issues with the videos in games. I believe it was fixed since then so for a last resort option try running windows update. Still, clean install of the LAV filters is the most reliable solution for issues like this.

By the way. Sometimes similar issues can be caused by windows updates. Some time ago KB2803821 update caused problems in many games and even if all codecs were ok, people were getting issues with the videos in games. I believe it was fixed since then so for a last resort option try running windows update. Still, clean install of the LAV filters is the most reliable solution for issues like this.

So...I've installed LAV filters...but what is it meant to do? coz I'm still getting the same problem...

is there a way to delete the op movie or something?

oh and what do you mean by I can use some other media player? I thought IMHHW runs on ADV player. there is a way to change it?

Don't get confused, it's still probably a codec pack - even I didn't know ADV Player was the internal name of Konosora. Something is making the game crash when it's trying to play the OP, which is most likely a codec (pack). I've already pointed out how to remove them.

So...I've installed LAV filters...but what is it meant to do? coz I'm still getting the same problem...

is there a way to delete the op movie or something?

oh and what do you mean by I can use some other media player? I thought IMHHW runs on ADV player. there is a way to change it?

Nothing really. This is just a thing that I'm sure isn't broken and is capable of decoding stuff properly.

As I said before, If you uninstalled all codec packs, then you'll have to find any other codecs that can cause the problem and remove them (possibly along with the software that installed them, like proprietary screen recorders, video editors, whatever). Just in case make sure that your directx is updated.

Deleting the movie might be possible but I don't remember in which archive it is located, without looking at it myself. And even if you do it, it still may crash cause the movie isn't there.

Nothing really. This is just a thing that I'm sure isn't broken and is capable of decoding stuff properly.

As I said before, If you uninstalled all codec packs, then you'll have to find any other codecs that can cause the problem and remove them (possibly along with the software that installed them, like proprietary screen recorders, video editors, whatever). Just in case make sure that your directx is updated.

Deleting the movie might be possible but I don't remember in which archive it is located, without looking at it myself. And even if you do it, it still may crash cause the movie isn't there.

hmm...you're right. maybe I should remove all the bandicam stuff and video recorders.