Nisekoi getting a VN for PSVita

Nosebleed

In the latest issues of Weekly Shounen Jump it was confirmed that the romantic harem comedy Nisekoi will be getting its own game for the PSVita. Nothing is known about what kind of game it will be or what plot there is other than the main cast will be there in some kind of adventure.

O8TSlsN.jpg

The game is being worked on by Konami and it is currently set to be released sometime during Fall 2014

A teaser website with a 60 day countdown has already been launched: http://www.konami.jp/nisekoi/vita/

More info on this game is expected be released on the upcoming issues of Shounen Jump. I will upadate this post next week (and other weeks) when more info comes out.

I'm personally REALLY hoping it's a visual novel adaptation because Marika route <3

Based on the teaser website this is a likely possibility because of the scripts laying around the desk from each heroine, implying this will be some form of story driven game with different routes.

I can also see it being something like Island Days if it involves gameplay (it probably will considering it's a vita release)

Either way I'm hoping for a sort of plot with branching points and a story so you can end up with different heroines because it's clear that the manga doesn't plan on doing it any time soon.

It can also turn out to be just some type of silly game with no story but that would be a major disappointment if it were to happen.

What do you think? Hyped?

Via: Siliconera

This post will be under General Discussion until the genre of the game is confirmed.

While watching Anime yesterday I thought that it would be great if a Nisekoi VN existed as it would be the only chance for Tsugumi "route" as it is kinda obvious who will Raku end up with in Anime/Manga. I guess it is still not official that it is going to be a VN but I would bet my money on it. True, there is still a problem of it being a PSVita game as that one doesn't have an emulator yet and therefore has a minimum chance of being translated, true, at least we can expect an all-ages VN as consoles are always all-ages release and I guess that there is always a chance of emulator coming out anytime or someone making a port of it.

One of my biggest concerns is the plot. They can't possibly use the anime's plot because of the keys since even in the manga we still don't know who is the girl of the promise so it'd be a major spoiler if they were to include that in the vn. I'm also wondering wether or not they will use characters from the manga like Haru or Yui.

I don't know what kind of story there will be but it will certainly be different from the original plot which makes me afraid it will be a downgrade considering a lot of other PSP adaptations are (inb4 Toradora).

But I'm still hyped because even if the plot is a downgrade and completely different at least the characters can remain the same and I'd be able to get my Marika<3

I'd honestly buy the game if it's really a vn. 

It's one of those few things I'd actually invest my money on.

But yeah it's a shame it's for vita only which slims the chances of a translation project. But i'd learn japanese just for the sake of this one.

From the teasers it looks like there will at least be a Chitoge, Onodera, Marika and Tsugumi route.

I'd hate to rain on your parade, but usually anime/manga -> VN adaptations aren't all that great. Of course there is a chance that they can be good, but changes are slim.

I experienced this first hand with Toradora Portable so I know what you mean.

But the frustration of the series' slow pace would certainly be easied with a vn since you can get an actual ending even if that ending isn't the greatest thing ever.

One of my biggest concerns is the plot. They can't possibly use the anime's plot because of the keys since even in the manga we still don't know who is the girl of the promise so it'd be a major spoiler if they were to include that in the vn. I'm also wondering wether or not they will use characters from the manga like Haru or Yui.

I don't know what kind of story there will be but it will certainly be different from the original plot which makes me afraid it will be a downgrade considering a lot of other PSP adaptations are (inb4 Toradora).

But I'm still hyped because even if the plot is a downgrade and completely different at least the characters can remain the same and I'd be able to get my Marika<3

I'd honestly buy the game if it's really a vn. 

It's one of those few things I'd actually invest my money on.

But yeah it's a shame it's for vita only which slims the chances of a translation project. But i'd learn japanese just for the sake of this one.

From the teasers it looks like there will at least be a Chitoge, Onodera, Marika and Tsugumi route.

I experienced this first hand with Toradora Portable so I know what you mean.

But the frustration of the series' slow pace would certainly be easied with a vn since you can get an actual ending even if that ending isn't the greatest thing ever.

I'm quite happy with that, i'd actually buy this if it turns out to be half-decent.

I'm with you on the plot though, i'd like to see how they're going to do it, because surely the Anime plot doesn't have enough to keep a VN going.

I'm quite happy with that, i'd actually buy this if it turns out to be half-decent.

I'm with you on the plot though, i'd like to see how they're going to do it, because surely the Anime plot doesn't have enough to keep a VN going.

They might make it same as OreImo VN, continuing from where the Anime left off and going original from there on.

That would be a good choice in my opinion.

They might make it same as OreImo VN, continuing from where the Anime left off and going original from there on.

That would be a good choice in my opinion.

But that will still leave the whole Key and childhood promise thing there.

I don't think they want to spoil one of the major things that Nisekoi revolves around. It would pretty much crush the manga if they actually revealed who the girl is in the game. Unless the manga is over by the time the game releases..

But that will still leave the whole Key and childhood promise thing there.

I don't think they want to spoil one of the major things that Nisekoi revolves around. It would pretty much crush the manga if they actually revealed who the girl is in the game. Unless the manga is over by the time the game releases..

But leaving it in a story doesn't necessarily means that they have to reveal who that is, they can go thru the route without revealing it, like saying "that doesn't matter any more because now you are the one I love" or something like that. Or they can make it so that in each route Raku thinks that that girl is the one who he made promise with.

But leaving it in a story doesn't necessarily means that they have to reveal who that is, they can go thru the route without revealing it, like saying "that doesn't matter any more because now you are the one I love" or something like that. Or they can make it so that in each route Raku thinks that that girl is the one who he made promise with.

Maybe.

The first option would be really lousy writing imo. If they're not going to reveal the secret behind the entire plot you might as well just not mention it.

The second one might be a decent alternative I guess. It'd be disappointing but at least it allows for the plot to  continue from the anime and their backstory to be the same.

Maybe.

The first option would be really lousy writing imo. If they're not going to reveal the secret behind the entire plot you might as well just not mention it.

The second one might be a decent alternative I guess. It'd be disappointing but at least it allows for the plot to  continue from the anime and their backstory to be the same.

I wouldn't say that it would be a bad writing, actually I think it would have a rather romantic feel to it, like he made a romantic promise with his first love as a child and that first love might or might not be a girl who he is in love with now. An unrevealed mystery would have a romantic touch in itself. That is if they pull it out right.

I wouldn't say that it would be a bad writing, actually I think it would have a rather romantic wheel to it, like he made a romantic promise with his first love as a child and that first love might or might not be a girl who he is in love with now. An unrevealed mystery would have a romantic touch in itself. That is if they pull it out right.

But then you will still be curious on who the girl is regardless. Even if ending with someone else that is not that girl would be romantic, It's something you'd want to know the answer to and if they did that you wouldn't feel fullfilled, at least I know I wouldn't.

I would find it much more romantic knowing who the girl is and then seeing him go to another one of them regardless than seeing him just going to one of the girls without ever knowing who the promise girl is.

It'd just be a way to evade revealing the big secret without putting much effort into it, that's what I meant by lousy writing, maybe lazy would be a better word.

Granted the second alternative isn't the best either because it'd pretty much give each girl their own alternative world but at least it gives you a solid conclusion and it can still be romantic.

But then you will still be curious on who the girl is regardless. Even if ending with someone else that is not that girl would be romantic, It's something you'd want to know the answer to and if they did that you wouldn't feel fullfilled, at least I know I wouldn't.

I would find it much more romantic knowing who the girl is and then seeing him go to another one of them regardless than seeing him just going to one of the girls without ever knowing who the promise girl is.

It'd just be a way to evade revealing the big secret without putting much effort into it, that's what I meant by lousy writing, maybe lazy would be a better word.

Granted the second alternative isn't the best either because it'd pretty much give each girl their own alternative world but at least it gives you a solid conclusion and it can still be romantic.

That's not a case for me, if he is not gona end up with a girl who he made a promise with then it would be batter that he doesn't find out who that girl was and leave it a mystery with a possibility that the girl that he ended up with was that girl. And I wouldn't feel at least not fulfilled.

I guess it is a matter of taste.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys we got updates on the game.

It's almost certain that it's going to be a VN now. They're describing it as a "Love Adventure"

An official trailer will be released in July.

mcvRnPt.jpg

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/06/18/nisekoi-ps-vita-game-is-a-love-adventure

Moving the thread to VN Discussion for now.

I heard about this awhile back on an anime forum. I don't have high expectations for it. It sounds like a company trying to milk out the name with a merchandise. But I'd buy it just because it is Nisekoi lol. 

Are VN's on PS Vita typically 18+ like for PC? 

Sony doesn't allow hentai on their consoles.

It'll most likely be 15+ like most vns adapted from anime into consoles.

I'd also buy it just because it's Nisekoi and I want Marika's route because let's face it the manga is going to get a Chitoge end.

That is literally the only reason.

Sony doesn't allow hentai on their consoles.

It'll most likely be 15+ like most vns adapted from anime into consoles.

I'd also buy it just because it's Nisekoi and I want Marika's route because let's face it the manga is going to get a Chitoge end.

That is literally the only reason.

Ah Tachibana, Tachibana. I loved her ending video - the symbolism was especially beautiful - along with Tsugumi's the most.

I thought Chitoge was the obvious choice too but since the Yui arc, she's been non-existent practically. It's like the author just writes on his flavor of the month girl, without any clear focus who to end it with.

Ah Tachibana, Tachibana. I loved her ending video - the symbolism was especially beautiful - along with Tsugumi's the most.

I thought Chitoge was the obvious choice too but since the Yui arc, she's been non-existent practically. It's like the author just writes on his flavor of the month girl, without any clear focus who to end it with.

But out of all the girls Chitoge's the one that's obvious been progressing a lot with him, even if she doesn't get continuous focus for a long time she always gets moments here and there.

And I mean in the one shot they were together, it's obvious the author wants Chitoge to be the main girl, he's just trying to see for how long he can milk this series. He always focus one character a time usually.

I really wish the 4th key would have been anyone but Yui though. She really came and ruined it for me.

Well the good news is the VN doesn't seem to involve Yui so that's a plus

Sadly it doesn't seem to have Haru either which is a downgrade.

Let's just wait and see I guess.