How is the kindle for Light Novels?

Dark Ariel7

I am currently using a kindle fire to read my LN but it is too tireing on my eyes. I really want an actual e-reader. However, I currently have a couple of concerns with that. Like how does the kindle handle the images in LNs? It is actually pretty important to me. My other concern is the size. The screen is just too small. Does that ever seem to get in your way? Also color images what happens to those? Like the cover and such. do they grey scale or just not work at all?

I don't read them on kindle but I do read them on a tablet app, it is good, pictures look good, and the size of my tablet is that of an actual book.

I take it it depends on your buy. regarding the eyes, you can just adjust the light, but I hear some e-reader have something that doesn't hurt the eyes, don't know how to explain it, pretty much like a calculator's screen, I guess.

E-book readers are good for that purpose. I've used the Kindle and the latest Kobo before off my friends. I can read them for hours and they don't strain my eyes anywhere near as much as a tablet does. It's a good investment if you have an assortment of books/LNs to read.

E-ink doesn't strain eyes, unlike LCD/TFT/Amoled based screens. You can read on them in the broad daylight and they don't eat battery almost at all. As for the usability, e-book readers seem to be perfectly fit for LN's. It's definately worth to get one, especially if you have a lot of things to read. E-books are actually very good for any sort of B/W graphics, including manga as long as you'll get a high quality E-ink display. I own a Full HD, led backlit Onyx and the quality of pictures is amazing.

E-ink doesn't strain eyes, unlike LCD/TFT/Amoled based screens. You can read on them in the broad daylight and they don't eat battery almost at all. As for the usability, e-book readers seem to be perfectly fit for LN's. It's definately worth to get one, especially if you have a lot of things to read. E-books are actually very good for any sort of B/W graphics, including manga as long as you'll get a high quality E-ink display. I own a Full HD, led backlit Onyx and the quality of pictures is amazing.

Woooaaahh-whhhaaaatt. I bought the one of the early versions of kindle, since that day I've really wished it had a much higher res and slightly bigger screen.

Finally, this day has come. He he he. ふふふ。。これで俺は最強になる!まさに新世界の神!!

Thanks man, I didn't know about this before now!

Right now we're basically experiencing a flood of handheld devices. With our current technological progress, such electronics became increasingly cheaper and more easily available; market is full of really inexpensive and powerful e-book readers nowadays. Some of the more independent models are already sporting an android onboard, which only increases their capabilities and soon we might even expect full color e-ink displays. E-ink has one major drawback - since it's responsiveness is incredibly slow, it can't display animations but if you'd consider the fact that most vn's only sport single draw static scenes, it would be possible to create or display vn's on e-ink handheld devices. On the other hand, they have ridiculously low power consumption and can work for days or even weeks on a single battery charging.

Well for me, I wouldn't play VN's on a e-ink tablet even if it had colours. The responsiveness really would make reading too slow imo. It's fine for e-books. But you would have to wait for the display change 10000's of times for each line change. That's too much for me until they improve the responsiveness. It's an interesting prospect though. I bet there are other great ways it could be used as well.

For me a high res E-ink tablet will suit be perfectly tbh hehe.

Oh as for the OP's question, the E-ink tablets looks very nice with LN's...