Kagaku Adventure (ChäoS;HEAd, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes)

Finjas

One day you are returning to fuwa-forums and see this topic and then you understand. It's Kagaku Adventure-geek Finjas. He started to act.

No one can hide.

And in the dark small room, where you believe you found your sanctuary, that will help you to rescue from me you'll feel a gaze behind your back and unconsciously you'll think: "Sone me, dare no me?"

Ok then, did anyone read the novels? Pretty everyone knows about Steins;Gate anime now - it was quite noticeable. But the novels? Anyone?

Well, there is one very important goal of this topic - Chaos;Head discussion. Did anyone read the novel? Did anyone watched anime?

If you did neither watch anime nor read novel, then I've got very important warning to you.

DO. NOT. WATCH. ANIME.

I repeat. Do. Not. Watch. It.

This is not a drill. I repeat again. This is not a drill!

This is one of the greatest mistakes you can make in your life because Chaos;Head (while it's true masterpiece as novel) has just horribly bad anime-adaptation. Everything was ruined there. I mean, everything.

So, really. I beg you, don't. Just don't.

And, speaking of Chaos;Head, there was PS3 release of Chaos;Head Noah not so long ago. It has outstanding opening-movie.

So, discussion start! ... I guess.

Yeah, I really liked the vn too. Man, you become like 0_o what is going on!? The ending is epic. Reminds me I haven't read the other endings. They are on youtube I am pretty sure, those who have completed the game should watch them too.

Poor Taku..

Luckely I didn't watch the anime at all. Haha.

well, I watched the anime after I've finished the VN, and that's what I usually do with these adaptations: look at the original source first.

I may get the chaos;head noah, though I haven't even finished robotics;notes, and my money is running thin :unsure:

back onto the topic though, it is quite epic in some ways and quite mind blowing in another way, and I really liked it :D

But but.. you're always super special, that's why you are here with me! :'D

ED song aside XD, I watched the anime first, and actually got introduced to VNs through the anime, along with School Days some 4 years ago or something.

While the anime was pretty bad, especially if you compare it to the VN, it did really hit an "interest/emotional spot" in me. The reason being because I felt like I could really relate to the unconventional crazy kind of characters and the story was based on that craziness, since I was quite delusional myself lol. Daydreaming was (Still is sort of maybe w) my daily pastime so I was usually "afk" from the real world. XD

Chaos;Head was mostly only good for its first playthrough to me, when I played it for the second time years later it was just ok. I did mess around a little bit though with the choices by reloading to a slightly earlier part and got 2 endings that way, never got to see the "B ending" as they call it.

As for Steins;Gate, I watched anime first and then played the VN. I only finished one route without using a walkthrough, so it seems like I'd have to start all over again if I want to complete another route since the choices aren't really that straightforward. (Or you also have the option to ignore the choices) Great anime/game btw.

Robotics;Notes.. not sure about that one, it looks rather generic to me. I might give it a chance sometime later.

Say did anyone ever play Chaos;Head rabu chu chu or whatever that was called? ww

AAhh, too late for me. I Already watch them T_T. i just pick random anime and watch them. At first, i don't even know what the original source is...

For Chaos head, i agree, the quality is bad. at first, the story is interesting, kind of fantasy-mystery. really only at first.

As i continue watching, i think the story shouldn't be like this. so i search and find the original source. just read some synopsis, gameplay, comment, and i know what you say is right... poor me..

One the things I hated the most in the Chaos;Head anime were the ass-pulled so-called 'scientific' explanations of the whole thing in the end, that were actually a pile of bullshit. Is it somehow better in the VN? I'm kinda reluctant to start playing it because i'm afraid i'll find the end underwhelming...

One the things I hated the most in the Chaos;Head anime were the ass-pulled so-called 'scientific' explanations of the whole thing in the end, that were actually a pile of bullshit. Is it somehow better in the VN? I'm kinda reluctant to start playing it because i'm afraid i'll find the end underwhelming...

I never find Anime ver that better than VN version. Can someone give an example?

VN version is much better, most of senior recomendded it XD...

I never find Anime ver that better than VN version. Can someone give an example?

Clannad. It's maybe not better, but not worse than original, as for me.

The directing style of Kyoto Animation is just brilliant.

Clannad. It's maybe not better, but not worse than original, as for me.

The directing style of Kyoto Animation is just brilliant.

Aaa~, right...

Clannad anime doesn't sacrifice VN stories pretty much. we can still enjoy the whole story even in anime ver, even the jokes and pranks. Alternative for them who can't finish the Clannad VN.

Surprisingly, the anime has special episode for other heroine route. it's brilliant, not like Yosuga no sora that using 'repeat watch episode X to enjoy full story', that's confusing me, feels like Endless eight of Haruhi Suzumiya X(...

I know that, the anime is bad because animation and art are terrible.

What I wanted to know, was if they butchered the end of the story to make that horrendous ending, or if i'll find the same kind of nonsense if I read the VN?

Also, I don't know for VNs, but I know that the Kara no Kyoukai movies are strictly better than the original LNs :)

I know that, the anime is bad because animation and art are terrible.

What I wanted to know, was if they butchered the end of the story to make that horrendous ending, or if i'll find the same kind of nonsense if I read the VN?

Also, I don't know for VNs, but I know that the Kara no Kyoukai movies are strictly better than the original LNs :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

No, the anime isn't bad because of art and animation, but because 70% of the story was cut the hell out.

As I said before, anime has no rights to be called fiction, it's just a huge spoiler of VN's story. It does nothing, but sums the whole plot of the VN cutting out ALL of details, character's natures, not-necessary (in the opinion of Madhouse animators) pieces of story, character relationships... I mean, really, ALL except the blunt spoilers of main story arc.

But I believe you won't be able to enjoy the novel anymore, anyway. Chaos;Head is this kind of thing, that is hardly relies on mindscrewing, suspense and plot twists.

If you know the story beforehand in 2 cases out of 3 it'll be just boring to read the original novel.

And that's why i deeply hate Madhouse. They set a trap in which 90% of people get caught, depriving themselves of the opportunity to enjoy a unique masterpiece story, which even outmatches Steins;Gate in many.

But, anyway, no harm in trying. Maybe you'll be able to enjoy it even after such horrible experience, like watching anime-adaptation.