Renpy / .rpa File extraction

So I want to be able to extract Renpy files.

I came across this guy's website :

http://blog.lattyware.co.uk/post/13747269145/unrpa-the-rpa-archive-format-extracting-files-from

I downloaded the unrpa.py and python 2.7.6.

I launched python.exe and entered this in the command box as suggested :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\game\unrpa.py -m -p C:\Users\utilistateur\Documents C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\game\data.rpa

But for some reason it tells me there is a syntax error.

I'm a little desperate right now.

I even tried from Cmd box :

C:\Python27\python.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\game\unrpa.py -m -p C:\Users\utilistateur\Documents C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\game\data.rpa

and

C:\> Python27\python.exe Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\game\unrpa.py -m -p Users\utilistateur\Documents Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\game\data.rpa

I don't know if the problem comes from the spaces or anything.

Got it. Here's what I did.

From cmd, change directory to where the unrpa script is.

example

cd C:\Users\Kud\Desktop\unrpa
Then

C:\path\to\python.exe unrpa -m -p C:\path\to\extract\to "C:\file\to\extract.rpa"

example

C:\Python27\python.exe unrpa -m -p C:\Users\Kud\Desktop\butts\ "C:\Users\Kud\VNs\Katawa Shoujo\game\data.rpa"

• 8 months later...

Hi, i have same problem but when i enter this  comand "cd C:\Users\Nezzeru\Desktop\unrpa" i have the follow error : The directory name is invalid"  and when i enter this comand "C:\Python27\python.exe unrpa -m -p "C:\Users\Nezzeru\Desktop\butts" "E:\Programas\x64\Proyects Renpy\Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86\game\data.rpa" or 

"C:\Python27\python.exe unrpa -m -p C:\Users\Nezzeru\Desktop\butts\ "E:\Programas\x64\Proyects Renpy\Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86\game\data.rpa"
cd C:\Users\Nezzeru\Desktop\unrpa"

Errno 2 No such file or directory.

My os is windows 10 i  use python 2.7.7 and unrpa . Thanks

Still surprises me that people don't know about this. You don't need to cd into anything. Go into the folder where you need the CMD, hold shift and right-click in the folder, and you can use the "Open command window here" option.

You don't need to specify your python install location if you have Python in your PATH, which it should be by default unless you disable it.

It's easiest if you just move the python script into the game folder (or the .rpa into the same folder as your python script, but sometimes other files might be required), then you can just run it like:

unrpa.py -m -p Out data.rpa

Still surprises me that people don't know about this. You don't need to cd into anything. Go into the folder where you need the CMD, hold shift and right-click in the folder, and you can use the "Open command window here" option.

You don't need to specify your python install location if you have Python in your PATH, which it should be by default unless you disable it.

It's easiest if you just move the python script into the game folder (or the .rpa into the same folder as your python script, but sometimes other files might be required), then you can just run it like:

unrpa.py -m -p Out data.rpa

Oh, cool. I'll remember that for next time.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bump an ancient thread, but I need help here. I've never done anything with Python before, at all, so I have no clue what I'm doing, but there is a game I really want to translate. I downloaded https://github.com/Shizmob/rpatool and https://github.com/Lattyware/unrpa

But, I have absolutely no clue how to even get Python to run them, at all. I try all the command prompts and just get syntax errors. Where are the downloaded files supposed to go? In Python's install directory? Or somewhere else? I'm so clueless and lost here. Please help!! :(