So, after finishing the Canvas 2 VN I decided to watch the anime

torbin12

Im only on episode 5, but wow. Its almost like a totally different thing, I mean, you can see that they are related, but alot of it is completely different too lol, that gives me a little more hope on playing VN's that had anime adaptations that I have already seen.

I know what you mean. I played the VN just recently and thought it was really good. I had seen the anime a while ago and though that they were both amazing.

From now on im playing the VN's first. Perfect example of what NOT to do is Little Busters, i made the mistake of trying the anime first. BAD IDEA. lol

So it's different in a good way?

I really liked Majikoi the VN and tried the anime but it made me so upset! They turned it into a harem ecchi anime, which is really against the spirit of the original work. The game was heavy on the friendship and the other girls and guys are all your friends and they all support you in your relationship with the girl of your choice, so it is super jarring to see the characters reduced to suddenly all fighting over the main character when there are no such harem romantic strings in the game, where you only get into a relationship because you actively pursued the selected girl to make the relationship go from friend to lover.

So is the Canvas 2 anime still true in spirit?

So it's different in a good way?

I really liked Majikoi the VN and tried the anime but it made me so upset! They turned it into a harem ecchi anime, which is really against the spirit of the original work. The game was heavy on the friendship and the other girls and guys are all your friends and they all support you in your relationship with the girl of your choice, so it is super jarring to see the characters reduced to suddenly all fighting over the main character when there are no such harem romantic strings in the game, where you only get into a relationship because you actively pursued the selected girl to make the relationship go from friend to lover.

So is the Canvas 2 anime still true in spirit?

Yea, its still a good anime, it was also turned kinda into a harem, which is easy to understand though, since the VN also had some pretty haremy tones to it, but it is pretty good though

How are they different? And which do you prefer, or do you like them about the same but in different ways? :) I quite like it when adaptations are different to the original as it means I'm not just experiencing the same story all over again albeit in a different medium. Although of course I only like it when they change things in a good way, not like Moekou's example. :P

Well, in the anime, the protag is a student-teacher, not a teacher, the way he acts is also almost a 180 from the way he acts in the VN, instead of being aloof, a prankster, and generally apathetic about everything, he is fairly nice, helpful and kinda motivated. Alot of the heroines have slightly different personalities also, but that may just be my imagination since playing the VN, I invested my own thought into their mannerisms. If I had to choose, I liked the VN better, because I got to choose the route he was on :P

I actually did like you but I actually never completed that game before rewatching the anime, had to rewatch becuase it was years ago I watch this.

The anime was really different but somewhat stilll the same.

It was interesting on the own way, but the ending screw up everything.

I think it would be better to go with Childhood friend than her own sister.

I don't dislike Elis but I were kind of shock to see a different design in the anime, but it's all fine.

I know there more Canvas, so I'm sure that Canvas 2 is a successive visual novel game.

I better try take a look at the others.

I actually did like you but I actually never completed that game before rewatching the anime, had to rewatch becuase it was years ago I watch this.

The anime was really different but somewhat stilll the same.

It was interesting on the own way, but the ending screw up everything.

I think it would be better to go with Childhood friend than her own sister.

I don't dislike Elis but I were kind of shock to see a different design in the anime, but it's all fine.

I know there more Canvas, so I'm sure that Canvas 2 is a successive visual novel game.

I better try take a look at the others.

From what I have seen, all the parts in the Canvas series are seperate, just in the same verse, IE: Canvas 1 was about Asou Daisuke and...that other big name in Canvas 2...Sakuraza whats-her-name, etc.