Hoshizora no Memoria crashing (SOLVED)

Thorsday

Each time I play this game it pops up an error message shortly after the first scene inside the school, about 5-10 minutes after the Movie intro, and the game crashes. It always happens at the exact same moment and I cannot figure out the problem as the error message is in japanese, nor  do I see anyone else reporting this same problem.

I have the Locale set, have followed all the instructions exactly, have checked all the known problems people are having none of which apply to me, and have been trying to skip through it. (I wanted to skip through all the routes so I could play them freely, it gets boring if I'm restricted)

anyone else have this same problem?

I'd post the error message but it wont let me, only part that isn't in japenese is (etc/BG014_001)

I assume a file is missing but I'm not sure, it works fine up until that one scene.

I've had similar issues with little busters. The error with a BG file being wrong only appeared when it was actually being shown; I was able to solve it by a torrent re-check and then replacing the offending graphics folder with a re-torrented one. Hoshimemo uses a different engine, though, so it might be a bit harder... hmm.