Get Steve back to VNs (aka "recommend me VN" topic)

Steve

Well, I think that Yume miru kusuri could be a good choice. The music annd character design are great, The start menu is good, the mains heroïnes are lovable, cute, moving, interesting... The lovestory between the main protagonist and the girl you select is really beautiful, supports characters are very funny and not useless... It's easy to guess the choices that you have to  do... And Goddamn this visual novel is perfect *_*!!! If you play it I wish that you enjoy it!!! ^^

Ill actually bring some stuff I was able to find on the table since I have some questions about those games.

Shuffle: This game seems to have a lot of choices but other than that would you say it fits the requirements I made?

Cross†Channel: If I understand correctly from nosebleeds WT, you cannot skip the heroines and you need to play them in set order, is it however fun and not too forced (like forced girl you don't want etc). Problem is that according to the WT the first heroine is the one I want the least (I don't like the giant glasses, its not moe xD) so that's a risk that I will just not survive the first week and drop it. Or is it possible to skip this one and go for the next girls that I would actually like to read?

And now the most complicate question

MajiKoi:

There are 3 games and each has translation done for different girls, these are the girls that have finished translation:

GAME1: Kawakami Kazuko, Christiane Friedrich, Kawakami Momoyo, Mayuzumi Yukie, Kojima Umeko

- from quick glance only Kazuko seems interesting to me that I would want to play her route.

GAME2: Kuki Monshiro, Fushikawa Kokoro, Margit Eberbach, Matsunaga Tsubame

- from quick glane I am insterested in Monshiro and Kokoro

GAME3 (part 1/5): Mayazumi Sayaka

- I think I would be interested in this Mayazumi sister.

Now the question is, how does the True End works for this VN, the tag on vndb states it has true end but the translation groups don't mention it at all. Is it possible to read only routes you are interested in one game and then hop into the next game an knowing what is going on? Or would I have to wait for the full game to be released to get to the true end to understand the sequel?

Like there is so many games I would love to try but they are not finished yet, Iroseka, Nursery Rhyme, Tenshin Ranman, Hatsusaku, Aiyoku no Eustia, Dracu-Riot, Your Diary, Baldr Sky (that got dropped :()

Those that are done always have some catch I found that makes me not to play them xD

I might end up just replaying Hoshimemo over and over again till one of them is done xD

Shuffle: This game seems to have a lot of choices but other than that would you say it fits the requirements I made?

Well it almost does...there's that "mystery that motivates you to keep playing" requirement, though.  The girls do have a secret but it wasn't mysterious enough to keep me on the edge of my seat like a mystery novel would.  (I guess gazing adoringly at the antics of cute girls is not enough motivation)

And then, I won't comment on the English requirement because I played it in Japanese.

And now the most complicate question

MajiKoi:

There are 3 games and each has translation done for different girls, these are the girls that have finished translation:

GAME1: Kawakami Kazuko, Christiane Friedrich, Kawakami Momoyo, Mayuzumi Yukie, Kojima Umeko

- from quick glance only Kazuko seems interesting to me that I would want to play her route.

GAME2: Kuki Monshiro, Fushikawa Kokoro, Margit Eberbach, Matsunaga Tsubame

- from quick glane I am insterested in Monshiro and Kokoro

GAME3 (part 1/5): Mayazumi Sayaka

- I think I would be interested in this Mayazumi sister.

Now the question is, how does the True End works for this VN, the tag on vndb states it has true end but the translation groups don't mention it at all. Is it possible to read only routes you are interested in one game and then hop into the next game an knowing what is going on? Or would I have to wait for the full game to be released to get to the true end to understand the sequel?

Like there is so many games I would love to try but they are not finished yet, Iroseka, Nursery Rhyme, Tenshin Ranman, Hatsusaku, Aiyoku no Eustia, Dracu-Riot, Your Diary, Baldr Sky (that got dropped :()

Those that are done always have some catch I found that makes me not to play them xD

I might end up just replaying Hoshimemo over and over again till one of them is done xD

The first game has the routes as well as some side routes and the true route that unlocks after all other routes are complete. Only 4 of the main 5 routes and 1 side route are completely translated

The second game features after stories for the five main characters and true route. Also, 4 new heroine routes are available for play without having to have played any of the original game's routes. None of the original character's after stories are translated. 

The other games (a1-a5) are all just stories with characters from the first 2 games or ones that you meet after.

So, you can read the stories of all 3 games without spoiling the previous games. 

zoom you should translate some lump of sugar game! I want to play those, they are so moeee

anything from that would be so awesome xD

Well I did like Nursery Rhyme, although it was not quite as fantastic as the OP led me to believe, it's definitely moe.  But then again, so is Lamune, and I prefer Lamune.  Besides, wasn't someone else translating Nursery Rhyme?  Anyway, you can bet that anything I end up translating will be moe--I don't like "dark" or "serious" games.  (I like mystery novels, but that's not what I play VN's for)

What was the agreement before you play Katawa Shoujo, Steve?  Name your price.  

I believe you said you will buy me ps4 to convert me to consoles since I am PC master race elitist xD

But since ps4 has not been cracked yet, it would be of no use to me xD (and games for it are expensive)

But the problem with KS is that they are broken! Like they miss an eye! Or other things I don't even know. I can't handle that :(

Pc master race.

And they don't miss an eye! I'll leave in an spoiler the disabilities they have.

Emi: Prosthetic legs.

Hanako: Burn scars.

Shizune: Deaf.
Lilly: Blind.
Rin: hArmless.

Don't let that discourage you, the game was made like that so you could come to like them as they are, give it a try, pretty please :'c

zoom you should translate some lump of sugar game! I want to play those, they are so moeee

anything from that would be so awesome xD

Interestingly enough, when I was in Japan two months ago, Sekai to Sekai no Mannaka de was being advertised all over SofMap stores in Akihabara. The game looked somewhat interesting so I ended up grabbing a couple of cheap Lump of Sugar works for like ¥1700 each. Ended up buying Hanairo Heptagram, Hello,good-bye, and Prism Rhythm. Pretty good prices if you ask me, and some of them were the 5th aniversary editions. I got a bunch of stuff like artbooks, mousepads, and the like.

Story aside, the advertisement (opening video) for the game was catchy in itself. They also had a demo for it, but sadly I could not read any of it so I was left wondering. :( Still, you should try one of the games if possible.

I believe you said you will buy me ps4 to convert me to consoles since I am PC master race elitist xD

But since ps4 has not been cracked yet, it would be of no use to me xD (and games for it are expensive)

But the problem with KS is that they are broken! Like they miss an eye! Or other things I don't even know. I can't handle that :(

You have yet to experience true happiness until you have finished KS! I'm in the same boat as you, with many of your prefrences being the sam as mine! You can trust me, you will love every minute of it. And they are not broken. They are all perfect in their own way. For the sake of me, Tay, Katawa Shoujo fans, and for the sake of you, try it!

• 4 weeks later...

I think you'd like Majikoi. It in itself is pretty light and has a lot of fun scenes but it is not super super moe. Miyako's route looked the most interesting to me at first so i waited for it to get translated but w/no response from the translators, I decided to start reading it anyways and I don't regret it xd.
I think you'd like Wanko's route(Kazuko), its pretty  ;) SUPER KAWAII ;) but also really deep.