thebackup is here

thebackup

Thought I'd say hi to this place!

I'm thebackup, aka PixælSoft / Project Memoria, and I'm a VN dev. I've developed VNs such as Café Memoria and the Dating Sim! series of games, including Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer (DSLLS) which is late in development (unfortunately my artist resigned due to personal issues, and currently looking for a replacement artist to pick up where she left off). I have to say one of the first VNs that inspired me to create my own are Kanon and Hourglass of Summer (that was like... 15+ years ago). I'm mostly active on my Twitter / X, but you can also find me occasionally at Lemmasoft too.

Pleasure to be here 🙂

On 8/31/2023 at 12:17 AM, Kosakyun said:

Welcome! It's always nice to see new people around here. 

Hopefully the forums can help you look for that replacement artist!

Also, your games look lovely! I'll keep them in mind to read when I have time. :vanilla:

Thanks, and hope you enjoy when you get the chance to play them. ^^

On 8/31/2023 at 9:53 AM, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and I see that you've been developing VNs for 10 years. No much to say other than good luck to your current project (And find the replacement artist), and I hope you'll have fun in here.

Thank you 🙂

I must say my time as a VN dev extends back towards my college days, more than 10 years ago (I actually developed some VNs as final art projects for college). Even then those past ten years I've yet to release my first commercial project (DSLLS will be my first, in fact). I'm still learning as I go ^^

A pleasure to be here!

• 1 month later...

Welcome, thebackup! It's great to have you here. Your VN projects, especially DSLLS, sound intriguing, and I'm sure the community would love to hear more about them. It's fantastic to see your passion for visual novels and your dedication to the art. If you ever want to discuss tech or development aspects, feel free to reach out. We're all here to support one another in our creative journeys!