[Ongoing] The Facebook Affiliation Project

e1ius3r.png

Greetings Fuwanovel friends~!  So, as you all know, Tay announced that I'd be informing you all of my plans for my major Fuwanovel Facebook project.  As you all know, I've been stressing the absolute, extreme potential Facebook has for us spreading the word of our site and what Visual Novels are.  There are literally millions of animanga fans on Facebook who have never even heard the word "visual novel" before.  As you all know, we've managed to double in likes for the Fuwanovel Facebook page since last month--we've got over 6.6k at this point.  Not only this, but the number of people on Facebook who are actively talking about Fuwanovel on facebook has tripled in a month~!  However, this is only a small fraction of the results I want to see.  I want to spread the word to those guys, and to do it, I've come up with a game plan, and hired some really dedicated and amazing staff to work with me--thank you so much guys, you rock~!-- which has been approved:

I deliberated on the best way for us to reach these millions of people, and I determined that the most effective method would be direct affiliation with certain animanga fan pages.  To test my hypothesis, I approached the Houkago Tea Time fan page on Facebook, and successfully negotiated a tentative affiliation.  One of their admins wrote a quick post about us, and immediately after, within the next 24 hours, our Facebook page got 800 likes!  To me, that's success; likes mean that all of our posts will be reposted on their homepages, so they'll see our updates and hopefully come to the main site.  Though, that little test taught me a few valuable lessons:

• We should write our own little ads and ask them to repost them, instead of having them personally type it up.
  • One post will easily get buried in such an active page like HTT, so there were many people who didn't see it, so we need to target pages with slightly less activity--HTT posts several times a day, it's crazy~!  And when we do target pages with high activity like HTT, we need to spread out our message in several, well-timed posts.  
  • We need a message that's personalized to each page.

It was primarily that last lesson that prompted me to think up this idea, which Tay further helped me develop, then my FB staff sharpened into a ingenious plan--good work guys~!  Not only do I want to simply affiliate with other FB fan pages and boost each other's posts, but I want to make a product to entice each group of fans to check out this world of visual novels.  

The Game Plan:

So, my idea is to create a special, highly decorated page that will be hosted on the main site, and will feature a VN, though not like our typical ones do.  No, this one will absolutely visually rape our viewers to an extent where they cry because of pure moe overload.  It'll look so masterfully done, and will specifally appeal to the tastes of the specific group of animanga fans.  This page will contain stunning design work, including a special backgrouns, trimmed borders, memorial pictures of that VN and its opening theme, a specially made trailer-like video that stuns and amazes, short character profiles, and a few short videos featuring interaction with one main character each to help the viewer get a firm understanding of that character.  This, bundled all into one page will be aimed at catching the interest of the viewer, and will get them to try the game.  

Our First Project:

Clannad%2BGals.jpg

Okay, so now that you know what we're doing, it's time for me to announce our first major project: we'll be making a feature page for Clannad, and will be attempting affiliation with the Clannad Anime Fan Page, and many other moeblob fanpages that like animes/mangas that are similar to Clannad.  As you can see, the Clannad Fan Page has 185K likes, and a whopping 80K people have recently been talking about this page, meaning that they're quite active.  This page alone has potential for tens of thousands of new likes, and therefore: site visitors and hopefully members.  And we're going to try to do this with half a dozen to a dozen pages just like it~!  

This possibility is nothing to scoff at, and all it will take to achieve is a little ambition and late-night collaboration sessions between me and my wonderful staff.  I truly believe that Aaeru's dream of Making Visual Novels Popular in the West can be achieved.  

So, to you, my beloved family here in Fuwanovel, I'm asking for your support in spreading our word.  Whatever you can do will be most appreciated.  There's an official thread you can go to to sign up to help out with the Facebook Project in general~!  However, this thread will serve as a blog for updates on all the projects we will do like this in the future, and as a signup to help.  Currently, here are the staff's jobs in this project:

• Naomi: Project leader, page coding aid, advertiser, trailer video creator, content writer, and design leader.
  • Nayleen: Page coder, and design aid.
  • Ryouuuuu and Kaguya: Content writers.
  • Solidbatman and Kendjin: Gameplay video creators.
  • Tay: Emotional support~

Here's what I'd love if you all could help with:

• General Photoshop work/making special designs.
  • Video creation helpers for batman and Kendjin, and assistance in creating that trailer video
  • Writers of special, personal testimonies of how this game affected you, what you felt about it, what you would say to a newcomer, etc (Please PM these to me freely, and I'll stick them in there  ;)

If any of you want to sign up for any of these jobs, please respond here, and I'll add you to the list of help.

Please note: if you want to help out with the Facebook in general, please follow this link to the main Facebook Thread.  Encouragement and advice is more than welcome in here too~!

The list of extra help: 

General Photoshop work/making special designs:

• Flutterz
  • Nosebleed

Thank you all so much~!

~Naomi~

Hey Naomi regarding your most recent facebook project

The whole Photoshop work, what does it imply? Like making banners, editing photos, etc.

I'm not extremly skilled at photoshop but i do like to "mess around" with it sometimes and wouldn't mind knowing what this is about and if i can be of help or not.

I recently just made my signature in photoshop too for an example of my (not that amazing) skills (everything except Shinobu's face was made from scratch).

If it's editing i can do, however if it's entirely drawing from scratch then that's not for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can get an Affiliation with this page you'd pretty much hit jackpot

They advertise other pages in EVERY post and not just one page, several of them, i think it's worth a shot.

(this was not intended to be double posting, i swear someone moved that post from the facebook thread to this one)

Interesting~ This does sound like it has a lot of potential.

For what it's worth I can help out with Photoshop. :)

Definitely.  I'll add you to the list.  Thank you so much Flutterz~!

Hey Naomi regarding your most recent facebook project

The whole Photoshop work, what does it imply? Like making banners, editing photos, etc.

I'm not extremly skilled at photoshop but i do like to "mess around" with it sometimes and wouldn't mind knowing what this is about and if i can be of help or not.

I recently just made my signature in photoshop too for an example of my (not that amazing) skills (everything except Shinobu's face was made from scratch).

If it's editing i can do, however if it's entirely drawing from scratch then that's not for me.

(Note: I moved this question to this thread instead of the main Facebook thread.)

It implies: "Like making banners, editing photos, etc."

If you can get an Affiliation with this page you'd pretty much hit jackpot

They advertise other pages in EVERY post and not just one page, several of them, i think it's worth a shot.

(Note, I merged this with your other post)

Indeed.  That's one of the pages I'm going for~!  Ooooooooh please let us get their support~

Then please do sign me up, it'll improve my photoshop skills too~

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread  :ph34r:

Absolutely~!  Thanks for being willing to help out, I really appreciate it  :wub:

I'll ask some friends to share on their page ;)

Since it's Clannad, I'll attempt to share it on Key related pages:

---Hide List---

Sharing shouldn't be a problem as I know the people on those pages/I am on those pages. I call also share it on other anime pages but I'm not sure that the kind of traffic we're looking for...xD

I'll ask some friends to share on their page ;)

Since it's Clannad, I attempt to share it on Key related pages:

---Hide List---

Sharing shouldn't be a problem as I know the people on those pages/I am on those pages. I call also share it on other anime pages but I'm not sure that the kind of traffic we're looking for...xD

Thanks for being willing to help with affiliations Ryouuuuu~!  We'll talk more about that when the time comes for diplomacy.  You rock  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who volunteered for the photoshop work, I'm looking for a Clannad splash page, something simple to put at the end of a video. Sadly, my photoshop skills are inadequate for this task. I would prefer a 4:3 ratio, but 16:9 won't be a deal breaker. It really just needs the Clannad logo. The more official looking the better. Ask me if you have any questions. 

Anyone who volunteered for the photoshop work, I'm looking for a Clannad splash page, something simple to put at the end of a video. Sadly, my photoshop skills are inadequate for this task. I would prefer a 4:3 ratio, but 16:9 won't be a deal breaker. It really just needs the Clannad logo. The more official looking the better. Ask me if you have any questions. 

What do you mean by Clannad logo? Just the text, or do you have some image in mind?

What do you mean by Clannad logo? Just the text, or do you have some image in mind?

I won't jump in if Flutterz is already doing it but i also would like details.

Do you just want the Clannad logo in the middle of a black background or something else?

Kind of leaving it up to you guys since I was unable to make it work. The bigger issue I'm having is how to implement the image into the video. For some reason, it toys with the ratio. But I'll worry about that later. 

I won't jump in if Flutterz is already doing it but i also would like details.

Do you just want the Clannad logo in the middle of a black background or something else?

Since we seem to be the 2 available Photoshop people around here, what do you say we take turns doing requests?

Since we seem to be the 2 available Photoshop people around here, what do you say we take turns doing requests?

Seems fair to me, since you replied first feel free to take upon this request.

I already had a different idea in mind for the facebook page anyway so i'm going to focus on that right now (or tomorrow since it's 10PM and i'm very sleepy at the moment :P)