Looking for Visual Novels with more realistic romances

FreddyKrueger

Hello, guys. I'm looking for visual novels that have slightly more realistic stories than usual (they can be kinetic novels). By realistic, I don't mean realistic in terms of the setting, but rather in terms of the relationships, where it's not about five girls fighting for the love of the main character. Instead, I'm looking for characters who fall in love in a more natural way (Katawa Shoujo is a good example).

Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no - While some might say the setting is unrealistic, the romances in the main school routes are very emotional and impactful even given their situations.  Every path stands on its own in the main school routes (the redheads in the branch school routes have related routes), and there is a tight focus on the relationship from the moment of the path split, with the relationship being slow burn early on in all three cases.

Gin'iro Haruka

Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai

Edit: To clarify, the best place to look for VNs with actual romance (vs harem guy gets to choose anyone) is VNs made between 2004-2014.  To be frank, most of the supposedly romance-heavy VNs that came out after that were relatively low quality.  Tone Works VNs stand out as an exception, as all of them have extremely good romance from beginning to end.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you're still seeing this thread or not, but in case you're still indirectly following this, then I can suggest something like Konosora, Making Lovers, Sugar Style, or Miagete. I don't know if you're already read all of those or not, or whether you'll find the romance in those VNs realistic or not, but despite of that I hope my belated recommendations can be helpful to you.