[Submission] Username and User Title Changes

Tay

That's actually not entirely true.  You forget: we have the world's finest programmer here with us *points to Nayleen*  That'd be a really simple alteration of the forum's code.

Hmm, fair enough. If it is just a matter of changing some code rather than a fundamental limitation of the forum, then count my vote as well.

Stipulation: If the name itself is somehow problematic or becomes offensive later, allow them to change it on a case-by-case basis.

Not saying that the post limit is a bad idea but if in the end everything leads down to it being aproved by an admin I think it's just simpler to leave it being admin aproved only. Admins will have to check if the name is problematic so you're pretty much allowing name changes just so they can be reviewed later on, it's better to just make it requestable. You picked your user when you signed up I don't think you're immediately going to think about changing it, but if you do really want to change it then PM/email an admin with the reason why, if you're a new user then I don't think any admin will find it a bad thing. I just think this would be redunctant if it were to happen, but feel free to prove me wrong.

As far as the title change I still stand on my ground which is the same as Steve's.

Title Changes: I'm totally fine with user title changes.  There have been problems in the past, but as long as we can agree that titles shouldn't be offensive, hateful, or sexual, then I'm okay with opening them up.  The question for me is what criteria should we attach to these changes?

Username Changes: Speaking only for myself, I really do not like username changes.  They're confusing (like the whole Kaguya/Yuyuko Saigyouji thing today), have been abused before, and could lead to problems on a lot of levels.  I'm really hesitant about unleashing this power, and would rather keep things as they are: "If you want to change your username, write an admin with a good reason, and we'll happily do it on our end."

I don't mean to be a killjoy about this.  If a lot of people feel differently about this, please let me know.  But you'll also need to convince me that it's a safe and reasonable policy.

Title changes: I don't really care about those as long as it's not offending/trolling/whatever (maybe @ certain post count?

Username Changes: Same. Actually I'd rather a "Username Changes Topic", where people request another username, and then the admin/moderator goes in and changes the username... would make it slower than the pm, but then at least everyone can tell who is actually who. at least that's my 2c about that.

Guest madoka12345

Title changes: I don't really care about those as long as it's not offending/trolling/whatever (maybe @ certain post count?

Username Changes: Same. Actually I'd rather a "Username Changes Topic", where people request another username, and then the admin/moderator goes in and changes the username... would make it slower than the pm, but then at least everyone can tell who is actually who. at least that's my 2c about that.

http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/193400-Name-Change-Request-Thread-v2.0-Read-first-post-before-requesting!

something like this?

MF had you wait 6 months from each change and a month I think from when you created your account from what I remember when I was on there.

But you could change your title at anytime there which I liked.

Thanks to everybody who participated in this discussion!  I've posted the new system here.  Here's the short version:

• Username (User Display Name) changes -- PM Tay or Nayleen with the new name and a reason for the change.  If the change is approved, Tay and Nayleen will post the name changes in this thread (to help the rest of the community keep people straight)
  • User Title changes -- These are given for good deeds (including having 500+ posts).  Users with 500+ posts can (as of right now) start changing their titles again.  Users can "earn" these title changes at any time (from the day of registration to the date of ascension into FuwaHeaven)

The consensus for most of these changes was strong.  Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!