Want some recommendations

So I haven't really been paying much o any attention to anime for the past year or so, so I just want some recommendations, hopefully some that aired any time between the last half of 2012 and till now. Movies are fine too, CG or otherwise.

For now, I am just looking for recommendations that fit the following(or any one or two) of the criteria:

Sci-Fi/Fantasy(Can be both at once BTW, modern age is cool too), Action, Comedy, Mystery/Detective

These are the main ones, other than that, mix and match(or add) as you please, I am fine with anything! Good story can even be secondary, if it has good action or comedy and is just plain fun to watch~

Shoot~! :3

I second not only Bakemonogatari but the entire Monogatari Series, it's a masterpiece.

If you want a good Mystery/Sci-fi i highly recommend Shinsekai Yori, one of the best sci-fi anime i've seen.

For mystery/detective Gosick seems like the way to go

Action/Sci-fi/Mystery Darker Than Black

If you want really good comedies, Nichijou, Danshi Koukosei no Nichijou and Gintama fit the bill neatly.

I was going to list more mystery ones but they're more into the horror and violent side and since you didn't list horror i left those out 

If you want a good Mystery/Sci-fi i highly recommend Shinsekai Yori, one of the best sci-fi anime i've seen.

it's not often i watch Mystery/Sci.fi but i will one up this series it was really good and i am gonna rewatch it without subbs soon beacous my japanse is so much better now then it was when i watched it the first time

I second not only Bakemonogatari but the entire Monogatari Series, it's a masterpiece.

For mystery/detective Gosick seems like the way to go

Action/Sci-fi/Mystery Darker Than Black

If you want really good comedies, Nichijou, Danshi Koukosei no Nichijou and Gintama fit the bill neatly.

I was going to list more mystery ones but they're more into the horror and violent side and since you didn't list horror i left those out 

Yeah, getting back into the 'gatari's, god I forgot just how fucking awesome this was <3

Gosick...hmm, I heard a while back it wasn't that good but now I would actually like to try it out myself, so gonna look into that.

Already watched Darker than Black, SEASON 3 WHERE :<

Goddarnit I keep forgetting NIchijou everytime :C. also gonna get Gintama

Already getting Shinsekai, UTW = Best Reality Marble~

About the genre thing, don't be restricted by that, I would love ones fitting any of those bills, but ones outside are good as well~(Mentioned in the OP as well <3)

Also looked up some random stuff and getting the following:

Gundam Build Fighters

Valvrave

Phi Brain

Hunter X Hunter(Actually read the manga a while back, was highly intriguing so this was obvious)

Suisei no Gargantia

BlazBlue - If Under Heaven Destruction is not in this I am dropping it

Outbreak Company

Then i won't hold back with some of my favorites.

Don't know which you have seen though so don't blame me if you have

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (and sequels) (Quite the horror, a lot of mystery, a great series overall)

Another (Gets a bit gorey, still a great mystery)

Elfen Lied (Gore warning, dramatic as hell)

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Action, Drama, and hell it was produced by Shaft so you should watch it if you like bakemonogatari)

Sora no Otoshimono (A bit ecchi, comedy, some degree of action, but mostly comedy)

Mirai Nikki (Mystery, Thriller, a bit of violence, YANDERES~)

Kokoro Connect (Mystery and supernatural, pretty interesting but not over the top)

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (Action and fantasy on a whole nother level, you know something's up when a zombie crossdresser with a chainsaw is killing monsters)

Seto no Hanayome (I forgot to list this one above, albeit the romance it's one of the most hilarious anime i've watched)

SKET Dance (Again one of hte most hilarious i've seen, on pair with Gintama)

Steins;Gate (If you haven't seen, shameeee)

Toaru Majutsu no Index (Shame on you if you haven't seen)

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun  (Again, shame)

Then i won't hold back with some of my favorites.

Don't know which you have seen though so don't blame me if you have

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (and sequels) (Quite the horror, a lot of mystery, a great series overall) IIRC the VN has more content, might get that instead

Another (Gets a bit gorey, still a great mystery)

Elfen Lied (Gore warning, dramatic as hell)

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Action, Drama, and hell it was produced by Shaft so you should watch it if you like bakemonogatari) Watched, so fucking amazing <3

Sora no Otoshimono (A bit ecchi, comedy, some degree of action, but mostly comedy)

Mirai Nikki (Mystery, Thriller, a bit of violence, YANDERES~) Finished the manga, may get the anime not sure

Kokoro Connect (Mystery and supernatural, pretty interesting but not over the top) First I am hearing of this, thanks!

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (Action and fantasy on a whole nother level, you know something's up when a zombie crossdresser with a chainsaw is killing monsters) ...welp, getting it.

Seto no Hanayome (I forgot to list this one above, albeit the romance it's one of the most hilarious anime i've watched)

SKET Dance (Again one of hte most hilarious i've seen, on pair with Gintama)

Steins;Gate (If you haven't seen, shameeee) B-But I wanna read the VN first D:

Toaru Majutsu no Index (Shame on you if you haven't seen) is it ok if i have only watched the first season ;-; Will get the rest soon~

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun  (Again, shame)

Comments in bold. Will look into the rest as well, thanks!

Feel free to recommend more~

Also Gundam Build Fighters is fucking awesome, if there are any other shows like Gundam Build Fighters specifically, do recommend :3

I've got a few more reccommendations then, based on my favorites ;D

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch and R2
Seitokai no Ichizon
Shingeki no Kyojin
Death Note
Angel Beats!
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Psycho-Pass
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Gungrave
Hellsing
Mirai Nikki (TV)

Sword Art Online

Fate/Zero

Jormungand

You have prbly seen some of them before tho haha.

Also I agree with Noosebleeds list. All good titles. Tho I am not too found of the comedy ones tho. Just my preference.

Also Gundam Build Fighters is fucking awesome, if there are any other shows like Gundam Build Fighters specifically, do recommend :3

Not much afaik. If the game aspect is what you like, you can try stuff like Cardfight Vanguard and other kids-aimed commercial anime. You probably won't have all the mech action and Gundam jokes though.