Rewrite Gameexe.dat problems :/ (SOLVED)

littleblufish

I keep getting a message when i try to run the SiglusEngine that says "Failed to decompress Gameexe.dat file. Failed to open Gameexe.dat"

Japanese system locale dosent seem to be the problem but it is on,  Im on Windows 7 and 64bit system,  I have already *big inhale* :reinstalled, run as admin, reinstalled, went into compatability mode all the way to 95, reinstalled.... :D  I did download this one from fuwanovel.  Any help is truely apreciated.

Ps. Laymens terms please... I might have a touch of the dumb so fancy words hurt my head :)

Pss. I also have my firewalls off so that wouldnt be a problem

I keep getting a message when i try to run the SiglusEngine that says "Failed to decompress Gameexe.dat file. Failed to open Gameexe.dat"

Japanese system locale dosent seem to be the problem but it is on,  Im on Windows 7 and 64bit system,  I have already *big inhale* :reinstalled, run as admin, reinstalled, went into compatability mode all the way to 95, reinstalled.... :D  I did download this one from fuwanovel.  Any help is truely apreciated.

Ps. Laymens terms please... I might have a touch of the dumb so fancy words hurt my head :)

Pss. I also have my firewalls off so that wouldnt be a problem

Have you tried moving the folder to a different location, just incase its a read-only issue? Also check that files and folders aren't tagged as read-only.

Also I think rewrite is run with the .BAT file?

Have you tried moving the folder to a different location, just incase its a read-only issue? Also check that files and folders aren't tagged as read-only.

Also I think rewrite is run with the .BAT file?

I have moved the folder and undid their "read only" status, still no luck.  Mine is gameexe.dat so could that be the problem? i got it from the torrent on the fuwanovel site.

Just a shot in the dark based on the fuwanovel page: did you run the make_rewrite_work2.bat file? Also did you try using the gaijin hack exe?

I have tried gaijin hack exe, i think i did the work around manualy changing the registry paths to the correct areas since the make_rewrite_work2.bat file didnt work for me

Yeah through utorrent. Also how do you mean the bat didn't work for you?

Also link to Gameexe.dat file: http://www.kendjin.net/downloads/gameexe.dat

The bat said something along the lines of not being able to change any files, this was before and after i removed the "read only" status.  I had to manualy go in and correct the paths for the registry files.  Also that link dosen't work for me :/

dat_dir & exe_dir are the only ones i touched

I meant choosing Save as on the link to download, web browser doesn't understand a dat file so it won't show up as being available.

Yea its downloaded, let me give it a spin when i get back home, I will let you know how it goes since i have an appointment in a little bit that i need to get to.  Thanks for the help so far, I hope to god it works :D

So now im back and it still isnt working, now instead of getting the message that gameexe.dat wont decompress when i click the SiglusEngine the cursor shows for a split second that it is working then nothing happens.  It seems to not even open or show anything besides the cursor spinning up for a split second.  Any clues?

EDIT: I tried the gaijin hack and i got an error message in japanese, i have no clue what it means but ill try to post a pic

Something is wrong with the registry entries. If the Make_rewrite_work.bat didn't work for you use this instead: http://goo.gl/ZD0Pvs

Fortunately this time the OP has Windows installed in C:\Windows so it worked but you shouldn't assume that path

C:\Windows\SysWOW64
but should use %WINDIR% and if you are actually trying to determine bitness then use %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% as described in

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4990839/batch-to-detect-if-system-is-a-32-bit-or-64-bit