999 Issue (On Emulator)

Nosebleed

I didn't use the complete form to request support since this is not a windows game so any info i could give about my computer wouldn't really be useful but i'll fill in what i know.

Game Name: 999 (9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)
Description of Problem: Error box after the prologue in random stances saying the rom requires a DS BIOS
Your Operating System: Windows 7
64 or 32 bit: 64 bit
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: No

I've heard about the 999 game for the Nintendo DS and i downloaded the ROM for it from http://www.coolrom.com

The emulator i'm using is No$GBA 

I've used this emulator for several games now and i've never had real big issues with it but for some reason this rom gives me an error message after the prologue. It works fine until i have to actually click the objects and search the room, it gives me an error message box saying it requires a BIOS for the DS or something.

I just wanted to know if any other users who have played this game have played it using an actual DS or if some managed to play it on an emulator.

And if so could you help me out.

I didn't use the complete form to request support since this is not a windows game so any info i could give about my computer wouldn't really be useful but i'll fill in what i know.

Game Name: 999 (9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)

Description of Problem: Error box after the prologue in random stances saying the rom requires a DS BIOS

Your Operating System: Windows 7

64 or 32 bit: 64 bit

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: No

I've heard about the 999 game for the Nintendo DS and i downloaded the ROM for it from http://www.coolrom.com

The emulator i'm using is No$GBA 

I've used this emulator for several games now and i've never had real big issues with it but for some reason this rom gives me an error message after the prologue. It works fine until i have to actually click the objects and search the room, it gives me an error message box saying it requires a BIOS for the DS or something.

I just wanted to know if any other users who have played this game have played it using an actual DS or if some managed to play it on an emulator.

And if so could you help me out.

Try downloading DeSmuME and running the game on that. Sounds like it might just be an emulation issue. 

Try downloading DeSmuME and running the game on that. Sounds like it might just be an emulation issue. 

I'll try that and then report what happened, i think i've tried using that emulator before but it was being too complicated with certain roms and i sticked with no$gba since it also supported gba roms.

Game working fine now with DeSmuME, has some issues with the sound when there's cinematic scenes (like the intro where the boat explodes) where the reverb is so off you hear every sound twice, it's a little annoying but the stances where that happens are small so it's playable.

Thank you for the help, hopefully there won't be any future issues.

There are a few thigns you can change to improve sound quality in the settings. You probably also want to change renderers, as the default one causes weird thigns at the characters' outlines sometimes. Hmm, lemme pull up desmume...

options > sound, change to synchronous mode and use synch method Z or P (I have P). Use cosine interpolation as well.

options > 3d settings, renderer to OpenGL

Game working fine now with DeSmuME, has some issues with the sound when there's cinematic scenes (like the intro where the boat explodes) where the reverb is so off you hear every sound twice, it's a little annoying but the stances where that happens are small so it's playable.

Thank you for the help, hopefully there won't be any future issues.

Yeah, emulation can be tricky. Like Zakamutt said, changing just a few settings here and there will improve things sometimes. Also, you can check the website as sometimes they will have recommended settings for certain games.