Identify Umineko Song

Silvz

Fuwamily, I'm replaying Umineko, and there is one track that is sending chills through my spine.

Spoiler

It plays in Episode 3 (VN), in the scene George and Beato are reviving Shannon. It is a little after the "Flying George" scene. When this scene happens, there is a flashback to Kuwadorian, the same background from the beginning of EP3.

It has some women singing in this track, so it is voiced. I don't know if they are singing in Italian, or Latin, but it is not japanese. The song is very slow, and has a "church" vibe.

If someone knows which track is this, I'll be always grateful <3

This is the one! Thank you so much!

Umineko was my first VN ever, and I planned on rereading it for a long time. I have to say that now it is way smaller than before, maybe because I still didn't have the "rhytmn" for Visual Novels then. You should at least try the first Episode, and see if you get pumped to read the others.

2 hours ago, Silvz said:

Umineko was my first VN ever, and I planned on rereading it for a long time. I have to say that now it is way smaller than before, maybe because I still didn't have the "rhytmn" for Visual Novels then. You should at least try the first Episode, and see if you get pumped to read the others.

You're welcome! I'll definitely give episode 1 a shot sometime, if not soon. I hadn't really considered that it might feel shorter, that's pretty interesting. Certainly, it's the sort of thing that deserves a reading considering how much new information changes the experience.

3 hours ago, Silvz said:

By the way, did the replay make you change your opinion about Umineko in general in some way? Now that you've read many other VNs, I think it's quite likely that your impression about some things would change.

4 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

By the way, did the replay make you change your opinion about Umineko in general in some way? Now that you've read many other VNs, I think it's quite likely that your impression about some things would change.

Well, I could do a thread later talking about my experience, as definetly, a LOT changed after all these years. To be exact, I read Umineko in 2013, and as some know, Visual Novels are the genre I'm working in my final College papers, so yeah.

About Umineko itself, I'm still on Episode 3, and I'm doing a lot of research to complement my reading about the characters, the setting and all. To be fair, knowing what I have to go through yet, I'll not comment a lot on this, but I still believe, without bias, that Umineko is one of the best stories I have found in the genre. There are many exceptional VNs, but this is very different in comparison to others.

On the technical part, it bothers me A LOT to not have all the features recent games have, such as volume settings, textboxes, it has very limited text speed, no way to change the font, very few CGs, etc etc.

On the narration, someone already pointed once that this is Ryukishi's problem, but the change of perspective in the game is terrible to follow. Once you get used to Battler, you get a "neutral" narrator, then other characters start doing it, and you don't know what to take as biased or not. For example, many people think Battler is unreliable as a narrator, though many scenes start from his point of view then change completely, which makes you wonder what is reliable and what is not.

And on the story itself...... I get and believe the true culprit, but it still makes me wonder sometimes if Ryukishi changed his mind after episode 2 was released, since many "plot points" were only introduced very late in the story, and even though some got the Epitaph right, or even the culprit, I believe it is impossible to get a lot of the game in the beginning, and ever since Ange is introduced, I think much of it was not as one may have expected in the first episodes.

Again, it is not completely fair to review it now, so I will only get to specifics when I finish it, probably in January. There are many things that I believe are relevant to talk about, and I constantly think of questions that probably will never be answered, so I'd love to have a discussion around them.

7 hours ago, Silvz said:

makes me wonder sometimes if Ryukishi changed his mind after episode 2 was released

Actually, I doubt this is true, because I think some scenes right at the beginning of episode 1 make way more sense if we know who the true culprit is, even though they can't really be considered as hints. Even though these scenes could be explained in a different and simpler way, creating a completely new explanation to the events in the middle of the story would be way too tricky because of little things like that, I think.

But I can't really truly agree or argue with you now, because I really need to reread Umineko myself. I will get to it at some point, even though I don't know when I actually do it. It's just to massive to me right now, and considering my reading speed recently, it will probably take me at least six months to finish it, which is not something I'm ready to do.