Eldin Writes a Manga

Eldin

This is a (very) brief summary of the manga that is being written by me, edited by some dood, and drawn by some other dood. none of us are very creative when it comes to naming things, so we are branching out and looking for other people to suggest names for things. Silly names may be accepted as nick names for comedic effect, but Spoiler Alert! there's a good chance whatever you name is going to be blown up or killed off. This ain't your granddad's slice of life.

Timeline:

2117: [Professor] invents the [Engine], which accidently kills off his assistant.

2119: [Professor] stabilizes the [Engine], accidently inventing the EMRA system.

2132: The first manned inter-solar vessel, the Odyssey, reaches Pluto in 18 hours.

2196: Using minerals and ice harvested from the asteroid belt, the first seven colonies in earth orbit are completed.

2201: Project Red Earth begins terraforming Mars.

2291: Earth and the Colonies go to war over resources.

2299: Earth wins, 3 of the 7 colonies are irreparably damaged or destroyed.

2361: Mars' Atmosphere stabilizes, colonies are established.

2362: Earth creates the [Trade Agreement], which unjustifiably overtaxes and discriminates against the [Mars Colony]

2368: Earth and Mars go to war over resources.

2373: Earth wins, Mars is taxed further. Mars is no longer allowed an armed force. Remaining Mars warships are demolished or requisitioned by the [Earth Armed Forces].

2373-current: Life sucks on Mars, Ex-Martian military now plunder cargo ships earthbound and redistribute the loots robinhood style to the people of Mars, terrorism runs rampant.

The Story:

Hin Anderson, age 22, is a college student at [Mars University]. After witnessing the brutal death of a childhood friend as a result of a car accident (possibly involving terrorists) on live television, he leaves earth to study [subject]. A bit of an outcast, he spends most of his time studying or working on his Mech Appreciation Club's own personal mech, [Mech].

One fatefilled day for reasons you'll find out later the earth forces attack his quiet little city, dropping bombs and soldiers in mechs and tanks to secure the site. Hin wakes up in the rubble of the hangar where his club keeps their little toy. Seeing many of his friends crushed to death in the debris around him and seriously injured himself, he decides to take out [Mech] and get some sweet revenge.

He overpowers a military mech because he's the main character and main characters can do that. he takes that suit's weapon, shoots some dudes, and punches another dude's mech so hard that it's cockpit (located in the chest) implodes, but obliterates his own mech's left arm in the process. After a hard fought battle, he collapses and is rescued by the crew of the Ganymede, who also picked up Tori along the way. thus our story continues.

(also, that's pretty much the entire first chapter. i'll upload a pic of the arm-exploding chest-punch later at some point. it's only a quick sketch, but it looks pretty fantastic.)

The Ships:

These are the three main ships seen in the series. There are I think 8 others which you can feel free to give names to as well.

fairly sure we name at least 5 or 6 that get esploded.

[Earth Forces]

This ship is the home of the main antagonists. the only crew that are named are the captain and the five mech pilots.

[space Pirates]

because everybody loves pirates in space. there are three mech pilots, the captain, and the navigator. I don't recall if we're naming the other crew, but you're welcome to toss names and roles at me.

The Ganymede

The ship that the main protagonists dwell on. The crew consists of the main character and 3 other mech pilots, the captain, 2 mech repair doods, 2 ship repair doods, a cook, a navigator, a pilot, and a tech guy.

Dudes with names already:

Hin Anderson: our main character and pilot of the Judgement.

Raymond Rogers: mech repair dood #1.

Alexander "Chaz" Haramis: our navigator.

Tori Niemi: her title thus far pretty much adds up to nothing more than "Damsel in Distress". also, I think we end up shooting her at some point.

The Mechs:

3 mechs for the pirates, 5 mechs for the asshats, and 4 mechs for the good guys.

the judgement is Hin's second mech. We annihilate the first one.

The Tech:

EMRA: Electro-Magnetic Repulsion Armor. creates a very powerful magnetic field around the object that helps deflect oncoming objects, accidently invented as a byproduct of getting the [Reactor] to not kill people.

[Reactor]: Invented by [Professor] as a replacement for nuclear power. It creates energy by converting particles released through magnetic friction. The first time it was activated, the project was nearly shut down when an assistant perished in an incident involving projectile speed tooth fillings and high-powered magnets. (wasn't my idea.)

Plasma Weaponry: originally intended for breaking apart large objects for harvest in the belt, these cutters and shooters were converted into weaponry by the colonies in the first mentioned space war and fine tuned by earth forces in the [mars rebellion].

we have a very rough draft of where the story is starting, and where the story is ending. everything in between is pretty misty. i'll be updating this thread as we go. We're not sure if we're going to do a website yet, since the series is going to be fairly short. i'll keep you posted.

Those lucky enough to be selected will win a night with steve's loli collection. I haven't asked him for it yet, but i'm sure he'd be more than happy to share the loli's with the world.

be careful with the characters development, killing them before we can get to see their good traits is going to be bad for the story and they will end up with a meaningless death. Also if they are from mars (even if it's a colony) it would be weird if all of the names are from the earth, but that decision is up to you in the end.

Also look for occult names such as mjolnir or gungnir they are really good names for sci fi weapons

be careful with the characters development, killing them before we can get to see their good traits is going to be bad for the story and they will end up with a meaningless death. Also if they are from mars (even if it's a colony) it would be weird if all of the names are from the earth, but that decision is up to you in the end.

Also look for occult names such as mjolnir or gungnir they are really good names for sci fi weapons

some clarification, don't mean to sound like a hat made of asses but it'll probably sound like it anyways.

1: we're not corpse party, characters that die do so for plot reasons. an example would be the assistant that dies. it sets a convenient reason for the EMRA shielding to be invented as a byproduct of the reactor being dangerous without it, and just so happens to work well with other objects. we have a pretty good idea of who dies, when, and why. i'm just trying to be vague so that I don't spoil the entire series before we even start drawing it in our search for cool names.

2a: everyone on the colonies are still humans, and humans don't just start naming their kids weird names because they live in a different place. it doesn't make sense for them to not name their kids andrew or brad or nick ect. when there isn't anything to influence a change.

2b: how would it be weird? shows that have people/aliens from other planets still have earth names in almost every single space show ever. I have trouble understanding how it's weird for a human living on mars to not have an obscure space-name, but aliens in other shows being named bob are perfectly fine.

3: occult names for weapons as code names or what have you are cool. the technology itself could use a neat title though. something we'll consider.

tried to get a hold of some mecha art, all I got were concept art sketches for varying pieces of the machines and not a sketch of one put together. Soon™.

(also, rooke, props for the firefly reference.)

some clarification, don't mean to sound like a hat made of asses but it'll probably sound like it anyways.

1: we're not corpse party, characters that die do so for plot reasons. an example would be the assistant that dies. it sets a convenient reason for the EMRA shielding to be invented as a byproduct of the reactor being dangerous without it, and just so happens to work well with other objects. we have a pretty good idea of who dies, when, and why. i'm just trying to be vague so that I don't spoil the entire series before we even start drawing it in our search for cool names.

2a: everyone on the colonies are still humans, and humans don't just start naming their kids weird names because they live in a different place. it doesn't make sense for them to not name their kids andrew or brad or nick ect. when there isn't anything to influence a change.

2b: how would it be weird? shows that have people/aliens from other planets still have earth names in almost every single space show ever. I have trouble understanding how it's weird for a human living on mars to not have an obscure space-name, but aliens in other shows being named bob are perfectly fine.

3: occult names for weapons as code names or what have you are cool. the technology itself could use a neat title though. something we'll consider.

tried to get a hold of some mecha art, all I got were concept art sketches for varying pieces of the machines and not a sketch of one put together. Soon™.

(also, rooke, props for the firefly reference.)

i didn't know the martians were humans, i thought they were aliens, but if they are humans go ahead and call them however you like.

What i meant with the names stuff was, if they were a different race in a different planet their customs were different so were their names.

and about the space pirates, it would be cool if they name their technology with not technical names, because they're pirates they have to be wild but it's a sci fi so being stupid it's the same as dying in no time

And damn, you talk badly about EVA and Corpse Party, you surely have had lots of discussions