Persistent Make_Rewrite_Work2 problem (SOLVED)

Aelms

I know that there are many threads about the same very issue and I have done my best to read them all; none of them were able to fix the issue at all.

This is the error that keeps popping up when I run the Make_Rewrite_Work2 batch file:

I've tried the following solutions:

1. Downloading an rar. file provided in one of the fix threads containing the bat. and the two reg. files and replacing the ones inside my Rewrite folder.

2. Downloading the batchfile provided by Luch in this thread and also trying the other fix he suggested, which is to change the _PATH_ in the rewrite.reg file to match the location of my Rewrite folder.

3. Downloading the gaijinhack for the SibelusEngine just in case, which I probably didn't need anyway.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and my locale is in Japanese. The very same problem happens no matter what fix I use.

2. Downloading the batchfile provided by Luch in this thread and also trying the other fix he suggested, which is to change the _PATH_ in the rewrite.reg file to match the location of my Rewrite folder.

So what happens when you use the batch file? And when modifying the rewrite.reg file did you remember to use double backslashes in the file path (e.g. C:\\Rewrite and not C:\Rewrite)?

After running rewrite.reg did it tell you that the keys and values were succesfully added to the registry?

Does running the siglusengine.exe give any errors after doing any of these things?

So what happens when you use the batch file? And when modifying the rewrite.reg file did you remember to use double backslashes in the file path (e.g. C:\\Rewrite and not C:\Rewrite)?

After running rewrite.reg did it tell you that the keys and values were succesfully added to the registry?

Does running the siglusengine.exe give any errors after doing any of these things?

The same error appears after attempting each solution. Double backslashes were definitely used.

The same error appears after attempting each solution. Double backslashes were definitely used.

Well what happens when you use the rewrite_reg.bat?

I didn't use any .reg files or anything else with that so you shouldn't be getting that import error when using it.

Well what happens when you use the rewrite_reg.bat?

I didn't use any .reg files or anything else with that so you shouldn't be getting that import error when using it.

Didn't notice that there was an instantly disappearing window when I opened rewrite_reg.bat. It shows the following briefly:

ERROR: Access is denied.

...before the window promptly closes.

Didn't notice that there was an instantly disappearing window when I opened rewrite_reg.bat. It shows the following briefly:

...before the window promptly closes.

Run as administrator.

Run as administrator.

I'm an idiot. Really sorry for all this trouble. If anything, I feel that some people (computer incomptetent like me) might find these step by step instructions to be very helpful and it might be worth it to link the Rewrite download page to threads like this.

I'm an idiot. Really sorry for all this trouble. If anything, I feel that some people (computer incomptetent like me) might find these step by step instructions to be very helpful and it might be worth it to link the Rewrite download page to threads like this.

I'm glad the problem was solved (I had been keeping an eye on this thread because I had the same issue as you). As for your suggestion, the staff is currently working on that actually. Since the problem is solved, I'm going to close the thread. If you have anymore issues, feel free to PM a staff member and we'll re-ope if needed.