Native speakers must come to terms with the globalization of the English language

sanahtlig

47 minutes ago, Benji Price said:

All I meant is that not only in english there are differences between way native people from different countries speak it and people who learns it (which is always the correct way).

Never said anyone should fit their language, I just stated that if it was hard for me (a native) to understand it'd be harder for people who are not.

If you disliked my opinion (or feel offended by it) you could've have said so in a less agressive way. I don't think that's the way to engage a discussion.

Don't know if you did notice but what you said in your post compared to what you said here sounds different. In your post you sound like, an annoying know it all language elitist. I do agree I could've sound less sarcastic but I'm getting kind of fed with this site who most users tend to sound like everything should be done according to them and only them, which they don't seem to respect what others like. The fun fact I found this site to be similar to sites like gamefaqs, 4chan, reddit forum and they act like those sites are a joke but ignore the fact they might not be better? (Oh, and I don't mean everyone btw.)

Edited by Dark_blade64

5 minutes ago, Dark_blade64 said:

Don't know if you did notice but what you said in your post compared to what you said here sounds different. In your post you sound like. an annoying know it all language elitist. I do agree I could've sound less sarcastic but I'm getting kind of fed with this site who most users tend to sound like everything should be done according to them and only them, which they don't seem to respect what others like. The fun fact I found this site to be similar to sites like gamefaqs, 4chan, reddit forum and they act like those sites are a joke but ignore the fact they might not be better? (Oh, and I don't mean everyone btw.)

I honestly don't notice the difference (read it again and still the same), but now I understand your reaction. Trust me that was never my intetion, sorry if you felt like it was.

I've been in some other forum before and always try to be as respectful as I can, always with a funny attitude. Failed this time though.

2 minutes ago, Benji Price said:

I honestly don't notice the difference (read it again and still the same), but now I understand your reaction. Trust me that was never my intetion, sorry if you felt like it was.

I've been in some other forum before and always try to be as respectful as I can, always with a funny attitude. Failed this time though.

(There is clearly a difference you know... :objection:) Otherwise I also apologize for being an asshole to you. (Despite what I said earlier in my post I was just annoyed, because If I was really angry the world would be covered in flames.. :makina:)

4 hours ago, Benji Price said:

I do can tell you how a language can be cancer.

Spanish should be a single language, but I haven't met any people from different countries that speak the same way. I mean, I'm from Argentina and when I visited colombia it was a pain to understand people, same happened in Bolivia and the worst was Chile... Oh god, they just took the language said "oh well, lets just do whatever the fuck we want with this crappy language and lets everyone else suffer for talking to us".

Bloke, South and Central America are huge, and populated by lots of different people with different background. Much like the hundred nations of the Persian Empire from 300 XD

Also I'm sure there's such a thing as neuter Spanish. Just try not to add too much quirks and personal expressions.