Trying to Undress School Days

ToNi

That is to say: I'd like to have all of the footage from School Days, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this.

Or, more basically: I have literally no idea how to rip the footage out of these GPK files, and am sitting here wondering if I'm going to have to record myself playing through every route if I want all of the footage outside of the visual novel?

Any ideas?

A quick Google search turned up a similar thread on the forums without results, and something related to TERA, which seems to use .gpk files as well. The tools in question might not help you though, since I'm not sure if those are the same as School Days', unfortunately.

The link in that thread points to http://www.gildor.org/downloads, and I guess you might want to give the "Unreal Package Extractor" a go.

Another Google search mentions Omnigo Program Package as a possible format, with http://constexpr.org/innoextract/ apparently being able to extract them. Might be worth giving either a try.

We've decided ripping video files is not against the forum's rules, and as such this post will not be removed.

This is final. The thread will be cleared of posts discussing this, and any further posts discussing the validity of this decision will also be dealt with, as they compound the problem. 

If you do feel strongly about the subject, feel free to message any global moderator/admin or a combination of them to talk about it.