Eroge like Sunrider

Adama

Hello everybody,

I was thinking about finding Eroge similiar to Sunrider series. It does not have to be set in Space or anything though.

What I love about Sunrider is Art style (not fan of older/sharp looking ones, but I love smooth new ones), it's story and soundtrack. I got so hooked up on it just cause of some epic moments (followed by some gameplay elements), so much emotions. I was not really entertained first, but after few minutes, it got to my heart. The story was wide and interesting, slowly finding out about the universe, characters and stuff. Characters were detailed, different personalities and all. But what really got me into it were those emotional situations, you know, those moments where there is hard decision/battle/revelation, sad music (such a good OST I had to find it) starts playing (I am a sucker for good sad music) and it makes you feel a lot of things. I know it's different for everyone, but I'd be happy to find other Eroge/VNs that can bring tears to my eyes or make me feel epic (driving that ship into enemy lines, being hit by lasers but still holding to it's course... heh, kinda reminding me my beloved Mass Effect games)

I think it's not necessary to say it, since Action usually does not go well with it, but I don't like school setting. I like fantasy/sci-fi (not mecha tho but well, Sunrider is kinda mecha). So some strong story driven action Eroge/VN that makes you feel feels.

Thank you for your recommendations ^^

I've played Grisaia and Kamidori alchemy

Edit: Almost forgot, it has to be translated to english since I can't read japanese at all :D

Edited by Adama

Hmm, Muv luv extra/unlimited is exactly the art style I don't like, but Alternative looks interesting and cool.

I guess it's almost necessary to experience the original before alternative right? Well I'll give it a try.

Thanks you for your recommendation.

Btw, as I said, it doesn't have to be space/mecha, I'll gladly accept any great action VN/Eroge with strong story that is not about school :D 

There are a lot of really good chuunige that fall under what you're asking for, so without knowing exactly what you're looking for it might be a bit difficult.

That being said, I've seen bits and pieces of Tsukihime, and it seems to be almost exactly what you're looking for. If you're willing to go out of the realm of eroge, Umineko has some good story and characters, although it does start to drop off at the end from what I've heard.

Also need to second Eien no Aselia. One of the best VNs I've played to this day. (Though I still haven't finished it...)

29 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

If you need something that quite similar in term of setting, maybe Galaxy Angel and it's sequels here (Although the art maybe not your taste though)? Otherwise, if you like medieval setting then you could also try Eien no Aselia and it's sequel Seinarukana here. Hope it'll be help to you here.

Exactly, Galaxy Angel seems like the most accurate representation of art style I don't like. I don't wanna be rude or anything, I even think the story might be good, but the art style is not appealing to me. It makes me feel like I am looking at something made 10-20 years ago. It's the same like watching DBZ/One Piece now, I can't bring myself to watch it cause it looks horrible to me even though I know it's amazing. Yes I know, I am weird, but I can't bring myself to being sucked into the story if I don't see something that looks realistic or polished. If you look at Sunrider Liberation Day compared to Galaxy Angel, you can clearly see that difference :). It looks realistic, polished, 2010+ anime like and stuff. So maybe I am looking for something 2010+ anime like.

Oh Seinarukana, I played it. It was really good, the art style was good and story kept me entertained for a long time (gameplay elements were interesting a lot too). Sorry for not saying that, I've read/played some VNs but not many, just some major ones. Kamidori, Seinarukana, Sunrider were really good ones (sunrider would be way above them in ranking though, I really loved it story/character/emotion wise), art appealing and story wise good (even though Kamidori's story was kinda simplistic, but still good thanks to characters). Maji de Watashini Koi Shinasai was not bad also but would need better story to be awesome (art is really nice and characters were diverse and cool) :D. Bunny black's art style was superb too (gameplay interesting enough to get through but story and H element way too off for me, it seemed way too focused on H element that other things were garbage... I'd like story driven with some ero in it, but if it was just ecchi (or no ero at all) I wouldn't mind if there was great emotional story.)

Sorry for being so picky, if it wasn't that hard to find something, I wouldn't be asking here :D But I appreciate your help a lot guys.

Summary: New-ish Anime like action VN/Eroge (preferably with gameplay) with great emotional story and characters you can sympathize with (feel their emotions... still feeling them from Sunrider when something happened to your crew). :)

2 hours ago, Adama said:

Oh Seinarukana, I played it. It was really good, the art style was good and story kept me entertained for a long time (gameplay elements were interesting a lot too). Sorry for not saying that, I've read/played some VNs but not many, just some major ones.

If you liked Seinarukana, you'd probably enjoy Eien no Aselia. The art's honestly kinda crap, but the story and gameplay are good.

Well yes, but the art style is stopping me. It looks wrong, I mean, the characters look like children. Maybe I would enjoy story, but the art I can't sadly. That's why I compared those VNs before. So something maybe a bit new with updated graphic.

I see. Then I'll try recommend some more here (No gameplay though, and about character you could symphatize with I think it'll depend on you here). For my recommendations here, how about Tokyo BabelKIkokugai (Use remake version if you prefer modern art here), Ayakashibito, and Comyu? I think the art for those games was quite good imo. Once again hope my recommendations here help.