Need help getting started with exaction and then later language patch.

Just now, tymmur said:

Not the font, the text encoding. You go into the encoding top menu, character sets, Japanese, shift-jis. That will read the same bytes as a different encoding, meaning they will render different characters. If you try to read shift-jis while notepad++ thinks it's utf-8, you might end up with something, which looks like it is encrypted.

I edited that in saying I did so, derp. It's still the very same, though.

10 minutes ago, Kelebek1 said:

Check the stuff on http://www.entis.jp/eri/

There's a photoshop plug-in, but I don't know if it works anymore since it's from 2004. You can use 恵理ちゃんコンバーター to convert images between BMP and ERI though, and that works.

Inside system.noa there are 3 more .noa archives you can open full of more .eri. All the config stuff is in there I think, it's hard to tell.

The photoshop plug-in doesn't seem to work anymore, and that Eri Converter (恵理ちゃんコンバーター) won't work due to the files I assume I need is a .mio formate. 

As for the system.noa, there doesn't seem to be any more .noas inside. I converted them all, but they're uneditable much less readable when opened it seems.

17 minutes ago, Rubian said:

The photoshop plug-in doesn't seem to work anymore, and that Eri Converter (恵理ちゃんコンバーター) won't work due to the files I assume I need is a .mio formate. 

As for the system.noa, there doesn't seem to be any more .noas inside. I converted them all, but they're uneditable much less readable when opened it seems.

They are there:

oWuoLEa.jpg

And inside wm_title:

ShUogK6.jpg

.mio files are audio, you don't need those. It's the .eri files (image files) that you want, and the converter works with them.

7 minutes ago, Kelebek1 said:

They are there:

oWuoLEa.jpg

And inside wm_title:

ShUogK6.jpg

.mio files are animations, you don't need those. It's the .eri files (image files) that you want. The converter works with them.

I got it to work and sending them to my friend right away. I assume I can convert them back with that program when I need to do so.

I'll pm you if I need anything else, but hopefully, I got everything I need now!

8 minutes ago, Kelebek1 said:

I can't get it to work myself, my edited one won't show up. Dunno why.

With converting them back? I told my friend to only do a few redraws since you can't seem to get it to work...

I'll try to test it out a bit, and if I can't seem to figure it out, I'll just try to find someone who can. Hopefully it doesn't come to that point and all it simply needs it be converted to a .noa again.

38 minutes ago, Rubian said:

With converting them back? I told my friend to only do a few redraws since you can't seem to get it to work...

I'll try to test it out a bit, and if I can't seem to figure it out, I'll just try to find someone who can. Hopefully it doesn't come to that point and all it simply needs it be converted to a .noa again.

Ok I got it:

n6ruT2M.jpg

You have to disable compression in the options.

2 minutes ago, Kelebek1 said:

Saving the .eri in erichan after editing them. It has "Quickly compress" enabled by default, turn it off.

I'll pass this along with the redrawer.

Thank you for everything. I'll keep in touch if I come across another problem~

8 minutes ago, Rubian said:

When saving in noa32 or in the EriChan file? May be a stupid question, but I wanna make sure I get this right...

General rule: make a quick test. If it shows up as expected ingame, then you got it right. Once you know how to do it, you can spend a while editing the images to look nice and stuff.