Sailor moon Crystal question

Novel21

Must I watch Sailor moon before I can watch Sailor moon Crystal? Or can I just watch Sailor Moon Crystal?

I have been curious about Sailor Moon Crystal for couple Of time now and I really want to watch it, but I'm afride I Would miss out anything Which I start watch Sailor Moon Crystal.

About this matter, while I'd also said that some people shouldn't watch Sailor Moon Crystal (Although to be honest, I said that in regard of lame battle animation compared to Go Princess Precure at that time rather than story though), my recommendation is that you better watch it from Crystal directly, because original Sailor Moon anime was had 200 episodes and Crystal also adapted the story from the manga anyway. After you finished watching Crystal, you might as well watch the original one. For Crystal itself, while the main writer had some problem in Precure storyboard, actually the people more complained about the comparison between old and new anime ie bad animation and less character development (Granted Crystal had less episode than original anime).

tldr - Maybe Crystal was bad, but since some people appreciate it I suggest you better watch it first, and if you finished you could watch the old version. And see which version is better.

I've heard that Sailor Moon Crystal is actually more faithful to the original creators work meanwhile the older version isn't as much. I can't say how true this is or not since I personally haven't seen either version.

Just thought I'd drop in with my two cents :sachi: