PC help

Blanc

So I decided to reset my PC through the options which I do a lot with my laptop in windows 10. I do the reset and the PC says it has to restart, it restarts:

Mouse on

Keyboard on

No display

One hour passes and I thought it generally got stuck.

I forcefully power it off and then turn it on

Mouse on

Keyboard on

No display

This has been happening in circles before the reset when I turned on my PC it took a strange 4 mins to actually fucking get it to load up. Which is not my PC at all. It usually loads up in 2 minutes. 

Any help? I am pulling out my hair its a brand new PC for around £500. I want to know if I can fix it before sending it back to be fixed.

I tried HDMI and RGB none work. The monitor itself works.

Try unplugging any usb drives and network cables for a test and see if you can isolate which device is doing it.

If you are techy enough i would unplug some of the non windows internal hdd as a test.

Usually its detecting devices before the bios/windows load.

1 hour ago, ヤミハナ said:

Faulty GPU.

But in order to know if it really is the GPU, disconnect the GPU from your original PC and insert it into a new functional PC (A spare PC, if you have one). Try booting the spare PC up and see if the display is showing.

I wish it was that easy. I tried running the display from the motherboard and GPU both do not show a display. + I believe my warranty stops me from taking out any parts.

2 hours ago, Jartse said:

Try unplugging any usb drives and network cables for a test and see if you can isolate which device is doing it.

If you are techy enough i would unplug some of the non windows internal hdd as a test.

Usually its detecting devices before the bios/windows load.

I will try that.

7 hours ago, Blanc said:

Yeah it is but they will want me to pay for shipping probably

If I were you, I would demand that they pay for the shipping. It is a good business practice when the seller ships you a faulty item and makes people want to continue to do business with them.

17 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

If I were you, I would demand that they pay for the shipping. It is a good business practice when the seller ships you a faulty item and makes people want to continue to do business with them.

I called them and I have to say this is funny in a bad way.

I called them and they started asking me if I connected the HDMI cable right and RGB... I said yeah, they did not believe me and needed proof using pictures. Then he asked me to walk up to the keyboard and press the caps lock on the keyboard and tell him if it lights up, I said yeah. So he said ''That shows us that the computer works, the GPU can't be faulty if the keyboard lights up'' I was like what the fuck. So he gave me a email to send the pics to and I send all of them including the monitor working with a ps3... he answered asking if this issue is recent and I said it started happening yesterday. Since the terms and conditions tell me that a fault has to be reported within 7 days... he hasn't replied back after hearing it was just yesterday. Just wow.

2 hours ago, Erogamer said:

What a crock! The keyboard CAN still light up with no gpu. Heck it can light up on a black screen. I have seen it. This guy sounds like an idiot. Who did you buy it from?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ I bought it from here. It looked like a big company that a lot of people in UK used.

2 hours ago, Rooke said:

The guy is either an idiot, or he's just a guy at a desk and the manual he's reading out of was written by an idiot. If you don't hear back from them, take it up with whatever consumer protection agency your country has.

He was one of the people who made the PC. They also written to me saying how to fix the DVD drive and telling me it is because of the case I chose that it is broken when THEY sold me the case and put it together and started trying to get me to unscrew stuff when I feel it is their job. I did not want to do it because if I send it in they may use it to blame me for something, that I broke something.

2 hours ago, Fiddle said:

Comcast gotta step up their game.

Lol xD why is your signature not working?

9 minutes ago, Blanc said:

He was one of the people who made the PC. They also written to me saying how to fix the DVD drive and telling me it is because of the case I chose that it is broken when THEY sold me the case and put it together and started trying to get me to unscrew stuff when I feel it is their job. I did not want to do it because if I send it in they may use it to blame me for something, that I broke something.

Oh, he made the PC, did he? No wonder it’s dodgy.

Why would it be the case which is a problem? In my experience, there’s 2 main culprits. Power is supplied to peripherals but the system is not booting. It’s not booting because of a power related issue, or a RAM related issue. Faulty RAM can prevent the system from booting. It could also not boot if you stuffed up putting it together, but that it was working previously probably eliminates this.

The other option is you have a faulty GPU. These are the most obvious causes. In fact, the PSU and GPU (and monitor) are the most obvious things to check (one deals with power, and one deals with display. That power is supplied to the keyboard doesn't rule out the PSU.

If it's a faulty case, well, I would expect it to have had problems from the outset TBH. It's much less likely to be a problem with the case than the PSU. He sounds like an awesome bullshitter, seriously, I’m in awe of his skills in that regard. But to give him the benefit of the doubt, it'd be hard to diagnose without seeing. 

Before you do anything with this company, document the procedure, get witnesses, and be prepared to take it to a 3rd party. I wouldn’t trust anyone to build me a computer unless I knew the person doing it (from past experience,) and if I didn’t know someone I’d just buy one off the shelf. At a big store. Within driving distance. Where you can just take it back to them if something goes wrong.

2 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Oh, he made the PC, did he? No wonder it’s dodgy.

Why would it be the case which is a problem? In my experience, there’s 2 main culprits. Power is supplied to peripherals but the system is not booting. It’s not booting because of a power related issue, or a RAM related issue. Faulty RAM can prevent the system from booting. It could also not boot if you stuffed up putting it together, but that it was working previously probably eliminates this.

The other option is you have a faulty GPU. These are the most obvious causes. In fact, the PSU and GPU (and monitor) are the most obvious things to check (one deals with power, and one deals with display. That power is supplied to the keyboard doesn't rule out the PSU.

If it's a faulty case, well, I would expect it to have had problems from the outset TBH. It's much less likely to be a problem with the case than the PSU. He sounds like an awesome bullshitter, seriously, I’m in awe of his skills in that regard. But to give him the benefit of the doubt, it'd be hard to diagnose without seeing. 

Before you do anything with this company, document the procedure, get witnesses, and be prepared to take it to a 3rd party. I wouldn’t trust anyone to build me a computer unless I knew the person doing it (from past experience,) and if I didn’t know someone I’d just buy one off the shelf. At a big store. Within driving distance. Where you can just take it back to them if something goes wrong.

Not surprised it is dodgy either right now. He went to get a email while on the call and I heard in the background ''Fucking PC'' etc. but in a way that made me sound like I done something to it. Felt like saying ''Hello?'' lmao... he was annoyed because I am younger than him and someone who is younger under 20 years old who is telling him the PC is broke and sounds a bit annoyed just makes him feel less powerfull probably plus I am a female lol so often they find it a issue as in they believe I cannot be right.

I am not sure what the issue is and honestly I want them to fix it because I paid a lot for the PC... I feel like it is their job and responsibility. 

I think he is a bullshitter, I feel like he is someone who sat down saying ''I WILL MAKE A PC BUSINESS WITHOUT KNOWING SHIT ABOUT PCS'' and just sat down and done it with a ''For dummies'' book.

I already have witnesses :P The store is pretty huge so that is why I trusted it. There wasn't a another place near me to buy a PC.