Steins Gate Problem

Yukiru

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? Yes

Game: Steins Gate

Description of Problem: i can't play the game itself, i open the game up and click on start at the main menu but the screen turns black and after a few seconds i'm back to the main menu

Your Operating System: 32 bit

What did you already try? run as an admin

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes

and i redownloaded

Edited by Yukiru

Hello there. I'm not on a P.C with Steins;Gate installed at the moment, so I can't guarantee that this is the correct answer, but I believe the issue is that some of the files are not running properly (for example, a video/movie file).

Please make sure that all the files are not set in "read only" mode. You can check this by right clicking the file and selecting "properties", and checking if the "read only" box is checked. If it is, uncheck it. Do this for all movie files/other files that have to be run.

regardless how much i uncheck them they stay in read only

Make sure you haven't put the files in program files or anything, could have permission issues. Also make sure you are not running the game from your torrent folder, move the folder to somewhere else and try. torrent client will just keep putting it back.

hey make sure you are not still seeding the torrent because the bittorrent client locks them into read-only for you

i saw your post saying that so i downloaded it again apparently with no seeding but it's still on read only, how exactly do I stop the seeding? Maybe I didn't do it properly

i'll try a different one, but perhaps if i had a load point in the very beggining i could break the "start button" loop and start to play while loading instead of starting. does that make sense?

i refused the idea of losing against my computer so i tried to run the game from win.rar and it says it's impossible because it's missing an archive but the archive is right there (How suspicious) so i tried to reinstall it but apparently i suck at computer-related stuff and wasn't able to do it (i'm seriously going to read a book about programming as soon as i learn enough japonese)

i tried the nyaa-torrent but i got the same problem, it was too naive from us to think that it would be that easy

Edited by Yukiru