Risk of Rain thread

Zidan209

Hello fuwas! As i haven t rummaged into this section and idk if there is a thread about this game already, so i make new.

I wanna talk about this game with anyone who ever played it. It is one of the hardest and probably best survival game that i know. 

For those who don t know this game, but would like to try, i will tell something about it ! 

You pick a class and you are starting in stage 1. There are 5 main stages and when you complete stage 5, you can revisit older levels. The controls and things inside the gameplay: you move with arrows, jump with space, and use your abilities with z,x,c,v keys, and usable item with g. Those are all the controls. Now to the game: you are summoned on a random place in map. You pass the stage by finding and activating the teleporter. When you activate it you have to survive 90 seconds (on hardest difficulty 120), and after the time, kill all the remaining enemies. Now the main point of it being a survival: if you don t activate teleporter, mobs keep spawning forever. The longer you play, the more hardcore the game gets. So if you spend some time in first stage, there start spawning stronger and stronger mobs, with occasional bosses. Even if you reach the hardesr point, advancing to next level brings stronger mobs, and more bosses. After stage 5, if you revisit older levels, there the true hardcore survival starts. You can find in every map more or less chests, shrines and such things that cost gold and drop items. Bosses also drop items, so you can stay in map forever and farm how long you want, but u can always die when it the game gets so silly hard.

You, who know this game and played or plays this game, post your records, screenshots, and talk about whatever you want about this game. If there are any players, i hope you won t disappoint me and keep this thread alive.

I will post some of my screenshots when i get to my computer!

Yeah and ofc, you can finish the game, but that s not actualy as hard as staying for the longest possible.

1 minute ago, Arcadeotic said:

That's one of the better runs I've seen

Without those artifacts for noobs, monsoon difficulty and some time spend ))

My bro recorded some minutes of the run when i was revisiting the levels. U can see i have over 10 Glasses for critical and a wicked ring, so it means 100% critical, and each hit reduces cooldowns, so i could use that whirlwind unlimited number of times (i was climbing worms and vargants, and even went too high and got out of the map). 4 heaven crackers.... each hit pierces through all units, all attacks exploding, over dozen of attack speed bonuses made me immortal together with those heals.

If there wasn t limit of 10k hp, i would have about 17k on the end

2 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

Without those artifacts for noobs, monsoon difficulty and some time spend ))

My bro recorded some minutes of the run when i was revisiting the levels. U can see i have over 10 Glasses for critical and a wicked ring, so it means 100% critical, and each hit reduces cooldowns, so i could use that whirlwind unlimited number of times (i was climbing worms and vargants, and even went too high and got out of the map). 4 heaven crackers.... each hit pierces through all units, all attacks exploding, over dozen of attack speed bonuses made me immortal together with those heals.

If there wasn t limit of 10k hp, i would have about 17k on the end

I see

That's pretty damn good

2 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Ive played it an still do,  though admittedly I'm pretty damn bad at it.  Love the music and art style it has,  also its damn fun

What s the furthest u reached? Did u ever win it?

Just now, DarkZedge said:

No, haven't beaten it yet...i'll keep where i got to a secret...I'm too bad at it :pyaa:

To tell the truth, i never bothered playing with commando after i unlocked enforcer, then i was playing only other classes. Never won it with commando ^^ cuz i was too lazy to play the full lenght for nothing.

As you can see, my favorite class is mercenary, which u can only dream about, because it needs beat the game 3 or 5 times to unlock it :D

Just now, Zidan209 said:

To tell the truth, i never bothered playing with commando after i unlocked enforcer, then i was playing only other classes. Never won it with commando ^^ cuz i was too lazy to play the full lenght for nothing.

As you can see, my favorite class is mercenary, which u can only dream about, because it needs beat the game 3 or 5 times to unlock it :D

Now you're just mocking me! :kosame:

Hidoi....Hidoi I tell you...I'll get to the mercenary...You'll see :pyaa:

7 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Now you're just mocking me! :kosame:

Hidoi....Hidoi I tell you...I'll get to the mercenary...You'll see :pyaa:

And what class do you play the most? 

May be harsh to ask, but how long do u play it :makina:

Awesome game, played it a whole bunch with one of my Dota pals.

If you want a REAL challenge, what you do is turn on all the artifacts except the one that makes all the enemies the same and the one that allows you to pick loot, and you pick the Enforcer, on Monsoon of course. The two of us still haven't managed to beat the game that way, though that might be partly because we were busy laughing at how fucked we were every time the Overloading Magma Worm spawned on level 1 and every time either our shotgun or grenade launcher got locked, to play properly.

Also Merc is indeed great, but CHEF is pretty stronk too.

8 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Awesome game, played it a whole bunch with one of my Dota pals.

If you want a REAL challenge, what you do is turn on all the artifacts except the one that makes all the enemies the same and the one that allows you to pick loot, and you pick the Enforcer, on Monsoon of course. The two of us still haven't managed to beat the game that way, though that might be partly because we were busy laughing at how fucked we were every time the Overloading Magma Worm spawned on level 1 and every time either our shotgun or grenade launcher got locked, to play properly.

Also Merc is indeed great, but CHEF is pretty stronk too.

I just noticed i haven t the newest version, so i haven t all the items, all the classes, and what s main: no artifacts there, but i got the version already, but everything locked :D . Looks like i will have some fun with playing from start