Alternative Art Style: Western targeted but would it alienate VN vets? (Amesemi)

I wouldn't call myself a veteran, but I know what I like in a VN - good story, good art, and interesting characters.  You definitely have good art (and the fact it is so different from the standard style a lot of games go for makes it stand out in a good way) and what I have read about your VN intrigues me.  Hopefully it truly will turn out well.

You know, I have nothing against you personally, and if anything I'm supporting you as a fellow developper, but I think you should choose between wanting to have serious discussions about the state of VNs, and promoting your own project. It's a trend that seems to repeat in your latest threads. There is a proper time and place for each of those (more precisely different sections in the forums for each of those), and just ignoring it feels like bad etiquette imo.

What does this new song you're promoting has to do with the topic of discussion of the thread? Don't you have a more appropriate thread where you should post it? If you're posting something that is supposed to create discussion, then you should try to focus on creating objective debates by finding pros and cons. While your own work can definitely be an example, it shouldn't be the focus of the thread. Else it just feels like you're trying to "clickbait" me.

While I understand that the dev boards are not receiving much love from the fuwa community, it should be something that should be addressed and discussed among said community to find the issues, instead of trying to find a way around it. 

Maybe my opinion is in the minority here, and if everyone thinks that posting those kind of threads is alright, feel free to throw rotten potatoes at me. But to me self advertisement and discussions should be two distinct things. If no one sees a problem, should I just go ahead and post discussions threads that actually aim to promote my own project?

Concerning the topic of discussion, I think that as long as your art is pleasing to the eye, you'll have no trouble getting people interested. You'll cater to a different audience, more people into comic books and less people into anime. Only thing is that you'll be targeting an audience that is less likely to know about VNs, and as a result be more wary (those people will expect more gameplay, fewer reading), but from what I understood you're trying to incorporate more gameplay elements in your game, so you should be fine.

14 minutes ago, Diamon said:

You know, I have nothing against you personally, and if anything I'm supporting you as a fellow developper, but I think you should choose between wanting to have serious discussions about the state of VNs, and promoting your own project. It's a trend that seems to repeat in your latest threads. There is a proper time and place for each of those (more precisely different sections in the forums for each of those), and just ignoring it feels like bad etiquette imo.

What does this new song you're promoting has to do with the topic of discussion of the thread? Don't you have a more appropriate thread where you should post it? If you're posting something that is supposed to create discussion, then you should try to focus on creating objective debates by finding pros and cons. While your own work can definitely be an example, it shouldn't be the focus of the thread. Else it just feels like you're trying to "clickbait" me.

While I understand that the dev boards are not receiving much love from the fuwa community, it should be something that should be addressed and discussed among said community to find the issues, instead of trying to find a way around it. 

Maybe my opinion is in the minority here, and if everyone thinks that posting those kind of threads is alright, feel free to throw rotten potatoes at me. But to me self advertisement and discussions should be two distinct things. If no one sees a problem, should I just go ahead and post discussions threads that actually aim to promote my own project?

Concerning the topic of discussion, I think that as long as your art is pleasing to the eye, you'll have no trouble getting people interested. You'll cater to a different audience, more people into comic books and less people into anime. Only thing is that you'll be targeting an audience that is less likely to know about VNs, and as a result be more wary (those people will expect more gameplay, fewer reading), but from what I understood you're trying to incorporate more gameplay elements in your game, so you should be fine.

you make fair points. This is the last of mines for quite some time.

1 hour ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

My top concern, as others have mentioned - is the writing. Otherwise I like the art style, very classy.

I mean, I like anime style a lot obviously - but I can go outside my comfort zone if something appears compelling. :)

we will have some Novella entries in roughly 2 weeks as we begin our web series of the prologue

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Pics or it didnt happen Rooke! :illya: 

It's all the space hamster - he just doesn't realize how popular Boo makes him~

10 minutes ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

we will have some Novella entries in roughly 2 weeks as we begin our web series of the prologue

Look forward to it! I haven't had a chance to look into your work yet, but basing on the art alone, I'm interested. :)

• 2 weeks later...