IRC and website

I got a major issue to report, since I started usning the IRC to chat with everyone the website has been going offline on me, it was said that downloading the client for the IRC would fix it, so I did it, but now, its even more fucked up, everytime it happens it shuts down my whole internet, i dont even know how thats possible! I had to restart my modem more then 5 times in just an hour! I got no idea whats going on but this is really bothering me, I had lots of un in the IRC and I want to go back there, could someone please help? I can barely even post on these forums since every 10 minutes it goes offline again ='(

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you for the attention.

that's weeeeeird

IRC shouldnt have been able to do that... it must be something else. ring up your ISP, maybe there is a fault on your line

This has never, EVER, happened before, and it started right after I used IRC for the first time, my internet, while slow, is stable as a wall, yet for some odd reason IRC took it down in one fell swoop, as long as I dont get on it or the forums it works just perfectly fine, like nothing ever happened, yet, it happens the moment I enter IRC, only fix so far is restarting modem, weird thing is, the first time I used it I didnt have that problem, It just started later on for no apparent reason.

I dont know why this is happening...and just when I was starting to have such a great time in there...I dont know what to do...if it keeps going like this Im afraid ill have to give up and leave...this thing is stressing the hell out of me.

I don't know how to solve the problem.

Try hard, Kaa-kyun!

maybe it'll be back tomorrow.

Sorry.

Im doing all I can...I searched about it on google for hours and hours...talked to every friend about it...so far there are a few possibilites, router not handling all the stress caused by IRC continous spam chat, a virus, IP block, software problem (in this case the IRC client I downloaded, since it happened even before the donwload I dont think thats the cause, but It did get worse after the download) or some kind of curse...Im even going to invite a friend to check on it since he knows alot about the subject...I just hope it gets sorted out asap...I miss IRC already ='( wish me luck guys, you too ya-chin.

IRC shouldn't have the ability to shut down your internet.

Which IRC software did you download? Lots of freeware downloads have lots of bloatware that contains malware and shit.

Does your ISP block peer to peer connections and stuff? It is very likely that the problem resides in how your ISP runs things.

IRC shouldn't have the ability to shut down your internet.

Which IRC software did you download? Lots of freeware downloads have lots of bloatware that contains malware and shit.

Does your ISP block peer to peer connections and stuff? It is very likely that the problem resides in how your ISP runs things.

I donwloaded it from the link given here on the forums, the post about IRC chat and such, so Its a trustworthy source...right?

Problem is, It was working just fine the first time I used, I had the fun of my life with it, wy-chin there knows it was doing just fine, but suddently BAM it started to dc me from the chat and website...then the whole internet would go offline the second I clicked connect...so If it does block or not I dont know, I got no idea how to check that...but could It suddently change, meaning it wouldnt at first but then decide to ruin my fun and block it? Is that even possible?

I know some people on Brazilian ISPs have had issues with irc. Tons don't.

Hex chat is clean so there's no issue there. Is it just when you are on irc?

Also try opening up cmd.exe in windows and run

tracert rizon.net

See if it drops.

I know some people on Brazilian ISPs have had issues with irc. Tons don't.

Hex chat is clean so there's no issue there. Is it just when you are on irc?

Also try opening up cmd.exe in windows and run

tracert rizon.net

See if it drops.

Yup, right after I connect to IRC the internet drops.

I opened it up with cmd.exe and its all green, internet didnt drop...I hope thats a good thing...

So, I know this isn't exactly helpful, but I had my brother ask some Brazillian friends about this (again, he lived in Brazil for ~2 years). They said they experience the same thing (they live in Maceio). My suggestion would be to not use a dedicated IRC client, and instead use the web client. See if that works.

So, I know this isn't exactly helpful, but I had my brother ask some Brazillian friends about this (again, he lived in Brazil for ~2 years). They said they experience the same thing (they live in Maceio). My suggestion would be to not use a dedicated IRC client, and instead use the web client. See if that works.

...how...I wasnt working before...but it is now! Oh happy day!!!! If the situation changes Ill post it here, but so far so good!

Arigatou gozaimasu everyone! You all made me a very happy man this day!

Unfortunaly it happened again...after a break form IRC I finally decided to go back today...just so my whole internet would disconect the second I joined the chat...I honestly have no idea why this keeps happening.... If anyone knows how to fix this or at least has any suggestions about why its happening please tell me, It will be most appreciated.