Easy (but tasty) Recipes and eating ideas for people living alone

Clephas

My own spin on nachos also called "I hate my arteries and I want to die" (inb4 everyone thinks im the fattest guy ever lol)

1 grand size nacho bag

1kg grated cheese

250ml salsa

a glass of jalapenos 

250g Bacon in bits

250g chicken sliced into bits as well

Put the nachos on a baking pan

sprinkle the salsa on top of the nachos (I know most people find this gross, fuck you)

take out a pan and roast the bacon bits and chicken together with spices (I like it the most with stuff like curry and Ground cumin)

put that over the nachos

then cheese and jalapenos

put that shit in the oven for 20min

take that shit out and eat that shit with guacamole, tastes amazing and you'll hate yourself afterwards.

Spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino

(Garlic, oil and spicy pepper spaghetti)

Just cook 100gr of spaghetti and at the same time fry a slice of minced garlic and a bit of spicy pepper in a couple of spoons of olive oil for a minute or so. Mix everything togheter.

Easy, 100% vegan, and tasty.

Parmesan cheese, preferably grated because that mean less work and no one likes work

Use parmesan only if it is the real deal or you'll ruin the carbonara for good. Use Milk cream instead.

18 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Use parmesan only if it is the real deal or you'll ruin the carbonara for good. Use Milk cream instead.

Dear lord no, any cheese it better than ruining it with that shit. If you are going to replace an ingredient, use something similar and not just whatever. 

3 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

You shoul use pecorino romano (which is impossible to find abroad), any other good quality hard cheese is ok, but any low quality shit like kraft prmesan will ruin it, I know for sure, I eat it in a restaurant in Japan 9 years ago.

If this thread was called "High class recipes for a superb meal" I might agree with you but reality is such that you can't always find or afford the best quality of everything and almost no cheese will ruin it. Take what you have or what you can find, recipes are guidelines, not rule books.

19 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

that's why i suggested to use milk cream (a similar sauce made with egg and milk cream is used for truffle pasta here, it's definitely better than kraft parmesan, trust me).

I have never eaten kraft pamesan so I can't really say anything about that but I still think that pretty much any cheese is better than diluting the egg with cream and getting a whole other taste and consistency than you would with cheese.

Spaghetti alla genovese vegani

(Vegan Genovese spaghetti)

For the sauce:

30gr of pine nuts (regular shelled nuts are a fine alternative)

100gr of basil leafs

2 slices of garlic.

olive oil as needed, better if extra virgin (see below)

Put the nuts and the garlic in a blender, blend them until they are completely minced, add the Basil leafs and keep blending until everything is omogeneus.

Put this preparation in a Glass and add olive oil until it goes above the surface.

Now you have a great sauce to use on spaghetti, be sure to always keep it under olive oil.

Ofc it must be used raw, do not cook it.

For a real genovese pesto you'll need to add a good quality hard cheese but I really doubt they are common outside of Italy so I'd stick with the vegan variant.

9 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino

Coincidentally, I made this earlier this week for the first time. It was quite good! Do you add any salt to it? Obviously I salted the water when cooking the pasta, but I don't use much salt for that. I felt like the final result needed just a little bit of salt, but maybe I shouldn't have added any?

8 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

You shoul use pecorino romano (which is impossible to find abroad), any other good quality hard cheese is ok, but any low quality shit like kraft prmesan will ruin it, I know for sure, I eat it in a restaurant in Japan 9 years ago.

Pecorino romano is pretty easy to find in the US, at least at the grocery stores I go to. I use it pretty frequently. There's plenty of good, real parmigiano reggiano as well, which is certainly what I would be referring to if I said "parmesan" (not the aforementioned Kraft junk, which I agree is terrible).

On 29/1/2016 at 7:06 AM, Fred the Barber said:

Coincidentally, I made this earlier this week for the first time. It was quite good! Do you add any salt to it? Obviously I salted the water when cooking the pasta, but I don't use much salt for that. I felt like the final result needed just a little bit of salt, but maybe I shouldn't have added any?

You only have to salt the water. (You simply have to salt the water more next time)

When I make pasta for myself I never use salt but that's a personal preference.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay since someone asked in fuwa-chat I decided to share my auntie recipe for good cookies with everyone, maybe will add pic later. You can replace cranberries with other things like: sunflower seeds/pumpkin chocolate etc.

My rating 8,5/10 Recipe is pretty simple: 10-20 minutes of prep time and 15 mniutes in the oven, you get like 35 pieces out of it.

Correction: 3/4 bar of butter = 150g

oPVL8ea.png

You can be a masterchef too! xD

• 3 weeks later...

Shrimp scampi: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes-menus/how-to-make-shrimp-scampi-without-a-recipe-article

The first time I made it I screwed it up pretty badly: I had the heat up too high, and the wine evaporated on contact. To salvage it, I dropped the heat quickly and added more wine, but I ended up with too much sugar left behind, and the result tasted weird. But I just tried it a second time, and fixing that mistake resulted in it being a pretty solid dinner.

Importantly for this thread, it is by far the fastest dinner worth mentioning in my repertoire. Between preparation, eating, and cleaning up the dishes afterwards, I was done in 45 minutes. I usually stream anime while I'm cooking, and this was the first time I've ever watched only one episode during prep + cooking; most everything I make is at least two episodes. I have fond memories of marathoning some 10 episodes, mostly of Akatsuki no Yona, the first time I made Japanese curry :amane:

Anyway, one further caveat on the recipe, in case it's relevant to you. I'm actually using dry vermouth instead of wine, but the vermouth I have is not ideal: it's too sweet, even when I use a reasonable amount. I'd find a decent white wine, but I can't get a whole bottle or I'll have to either let most of it sit overnight and start to taste lousy, or get hammered each time I make this - not a dilemma I want to sign up for. The options I'm considering are: 1) find a decent half-size bottle of fairly dry white wine (although I don't especially like wine, so even signing up to drink that much might not be a great idea...), 2) find a drier vermouth (probably my best bet), or 3) try to find a good boxed white wine (the kind that comes in a bladder so it has high shelf life, even after you open it).