(Feedback) IPB Chat App vs New Chatbox Option

Chat App Preference  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which chat app do you like better, on the whole?

• IPB Chat
    • Experimental Chatbox

This poll is closed to new votes

The situation: Until IPB 4.1's chat app overhaul goes live, we're stuck with a somewhat sub-standard experience if we keep with IPB's chat app. Thus, I uploaded an alternate chat app for us to compare and see if we like. 

IPB 4 Chat App: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/chat/

Alternate Chat app: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/chatbox 

Please take a look at both and give me some feedback about what you like/dislike in each!

My take: IPB's app is superior. We just need to wait for the implementation of re-scaling, pop-up, avatars and BBCode support, and it'll be swell, again.

Edited by Tay

Regarding the experimental new chatbox app:

• It has very little customization options on purpose, apparently: no way to implement BBCode, no way to change username colors, no "who is in the chat" user lists, no private conversations
  • It's the only other viable chat alternative to IPB's app right now
  • It CAN be resized
  • You can edit your messages
  • Chat mods have crazy powers

we cant combine both of them ?

Nope. Not possible. 

The idea of this thread is to see if you so overwhelmingly prefer the second, new one to the IPB app that we use it, instead, until the IPB app is upgraded. But, no, there is no way to combine them or their features.

Just to reiterate: The plan ISN'T to keep both chat apps. I just wanted to let everybody see what's out there so we can pick one. The IPB chat app WILL get updated someday, and when it is we'll go back to using it.

I feel like perhaps the main sticking points are the lack of avatars (assumed to be temporary) and the size of the messages compared to the size of the chatbox.  Maybe have things take up a tad less space or increase the vertical size of the chatbox in-general.