Toradora! Portable

promo2.png

Hi all!

This is the second attempt to translate “Toradora! Portable” into English. This is an infinite work-in-progress (translators disappear too fast). This project respects your freedoms — you're free to join, translate, check translations, edit them, grab our translations and make a patch (all tools written within this project are open sourced). If you want it to be done faster then join us (^^).

The team:

Translators: verdelish.

Image editor: Chronoes.

» http://toradora.xyz.is/

» #[email protected] (my IRC nickname is thexyz)

» email me: whatever[at]xyz[dot]is

toradora-portable-287x66-grey-en.png

• 1 month later...

A heads up: we're at 1/3 right now.

In other news, we're looking for image editor because Bu-Bu San seems to be working on another project(s). Here's the list of images that need to be redrawn. Please, apply only if you're sure you can do all of them.

Here's a sample one: %E5%BA%97%E5%93%A1.png (translation: Employee). If you wish to apply, redraw this one and contact me with your result (PM here / irc: #[email protected]).

• 3 months later...

@xyz,

First of all cheers, as it seems the Toradora project is advancing very swiftly and is now quite close to TL completion (dunno about TLC)

I am quite interested in using weblate for future projects (versus other formats such as Sakuraume's Text files editor), and hope you can share your experience about leading / managing this project.

1 - Are the software and dependencies difficult to set up on, say, a VPS Linux box? Would it also be fine on shared hosting?

2 - What structure do you keep for securing project progress? Can you simply clone and backup the so-called "blessed" repository or are there external resources in the weblate FS/database?

3 - Did you have specific guidelines w.r.t what and when to commit translations? Is there some sort of translation memory for team mebers to collaborate?

4 - Do you have code examples which generate scripts that can later be processed by weblate? .po files?

1. It's got much easier after PyCairo/PyGTK removal, all dependencies can be installed with pip. I don't think you can run it on shared hosting though, unless your hoster is nice enough to install all required deps and support Django and cron.

2. Yes, there are external resources like user profiles, translation history (git history is a subset of it), glossaries, stats; so make sure to backup database as well.

3. There are glossaries (example). I'm not sure what you meant by "guidelines w.r.t what and when to commit translations".

4. When I was setting up Toradora! P translation I simply used wiki syntax and po2txt/txt2po. I don't think I have any examples of working with .po files apart from this one which treats source strings from the first .po as translations to source strings from the second .po file (I used it to merge some existing translations). It uses Translate Toolkit just like Weblate does.

Fantastic, thank you very much for the answers.

1/ I wasn't aware of the dependency removal (>=1.7?), but yeah, it stroke me as bizarre it relied on pango/pycairo whose package installation feels alien and awkward. As a matter of fact, do you think it could be run on PythonAnywhere free tier? It has no cron, access via a 'console' instead of SSH, external https git only but provides easy_install and pip.

Edit: list of whitelisted hosts https://www.pythonanywhere.com/whitelist/

3/ guidelines, as in do they have to commit a bunch of lines at once, checkout/lock entries, are there quantified objectives etc.

1. Not sure, 100 seconds of CPU time/day seems pretty low to me

3. I'm not sure why do you refer to committing because that's what Weblate does, not translators. Regarding locks, I've disabled them (answering your question, there are no guidelines since we've only got one "full-time" translator).

Well, the game makes a few references from the anime, and plays off of it, eventually spinning off into its own thing.  I'd highly recommend watching the 24-episode series before you play.