VG club (new version) : Modern, Retro and Web Games.

Kurisu-Chan

Hi there everyone, as previously stated, since solidbatman isn't anymore part of fuwanovel,  you gave me the rights to claim over the video games club, so, and until batman comes back, i'll try to manage this club as much as i can, and then, this is an experimental thread, to see if this new formula works, and to try to use it as much as we can.

So, now, we have three games.

Retro game : Earthworm Jim 2 (many retro platforms and PC, you can find the two games in a bundle in GoG, and GoG version works with Win 8, or well, you can use emulations, it's up to you)

93208-Earth_Worm_Jim_2_(1996)(Rainbow_Ar

In Earthworm jim, you play as a earthworm called Jim, who, one day, receives a super armor that gives him the power to lift cows, use grandmas chairs and use incredible weapons, and you'll have to get across many original levels such as the intestines of a person or a cow farm, battle against...who knows, and experience the exciting life of an earthworm

Expect high level of WTF and drugs-like experiences, oh and of course, expect Cows, lots of cows.

Modern Game : Military shooter : Spec Ops the line (PC, 360 and PS3)

Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png

In this game, Dubai, the jewel of the arab world, sunk into it's own opulence, violent sandstorms nearly drowed the entire city, an american company, dispatched to save the civilians, was considered MIA as well as the survivors inhabitants...But Months later, a message from the leader of the american Company, John Konrad, makes contact with the US military, requesting an immediate evacuation, as an answer, the US Army dispatches a delta force recon team, who has to make reconnaissance and gather as much intel as possible of the situation, and if anything goes wrong, they have to call the army... This is where the protagonist, the leader of the Delta force Recon Team, Martin Walker leads his team in this completely devasted Dubai, facing mysterious rebels, and trying to find the mysterious Colonel...but this is war, nothing goes as smooth as in movies.

Despite the classical "american soldier saving the world" feel it gives at first, you have to give this game a try, because it's a really interesting game who deals about war in a rather interesting perspective.

Web Game : The world's hardest game (flash)

Well, this game has no story, you control a point and finish levels, who get more and more difficult, this is a free web game, and a very frustrating game, beware, you can find it in flash portal websites such as ArmorGames and such.

Link for the game : http://armorgames.com/play/1043/the-worlds-hardest-game?via-search=1

Then, let's go all!

I`ve been meaning to play through The Line again, so I`ll join in. Earthworm Jim games are pretty short so I don`t mind throwing that down quick-like as well. 

Could you drop a link for the World`s Hardest Game? Just to make sure we`re all playing the same/right one. I can`t imagine no one else has thought of using that same name for a different game.

Kurisu you mentioned in the other thread that you might start up a sort of RPG thing to go along with the game club. I think that'd be great, so we can have a long game to play in between playing the shorter games. 

(We should do something like 'Let's play all the Final Fantasies in order')

I've been thinking about playing Spec Ops for the longest time, but never got around playing it. So far the VG club has done a good job making me play great games I have skipped.

I'm all in for the RPG thing. Especially older (J)RPGs would be fun, since I haven't played them that much. And on my own I'll probably avoid them because of dated mechanics. 

If I could make a cool suggestion for the RPG thing: the full English patch of Romancing SaGa 1 was recently released. This is a very neat and original SNES RPG that set up a lot of the mainstay traditions of the SaGa series. It's almost like a Western RPG in the fact that, after an introduction for whatever character you choose, you are essentially free to roam the entire world and do whatever quests you come across. It's also an RPG I doubt very many people have experienced, since the translation only came out very recently. As a community that is all about fan translations (mostly) it'd be cool to show our support and play this together.

I can help with Flash game suggestions, by the way.  I've been playing them since I was a little kid, and have had a lot of experience with them.

Are you sure you were playing Flash Games meant for kids back then? :holo:

I'll play the retro game. Flash game, I'm still thinking about it. I don't really like flash games, you see.

Modern games? Well, I never joined so lol. Internet would kill me.

Are you sure you were playing Flash Games meant for kids back then? :holo:

You're a pervert :amane:  I didn't even know what Newgrounds was until I was 14.

I can throw some of my favorite at you until you give in and just play them.  Seriously, though, there are some great Flash RPGs out there.

If I could make a cool suggestion for the RPG thing: the full English patch of Romancing SaGa 1 was recently released. This is a very neat and original SNES RPG that set up a lot of the mainstay traditions of the SaGa series. It's almost like a Western RPG in the fact that, after an introduction for whatever character you choose, you are essentially free to roam the entire world and do whatever quests you come across. It's also an RPG I doubt very many people have experienced, since the translation only came out very recently. As a community that is all about fan translations (mostly) it'd be cool to show our support and play this together.

That sounds really interesting.  Even if we don't end up doing this, I'm still gonna do it.  Thanks for mentioning it ^_^

I'll see if I can find a link to one once I'm off work.

The following blog has a pre-patched rom download so you don't even have to worry about patching or finding the exactly right rom to patch.

http://nicoblog.org/snes-rom/romancing-saga/

Should we just treat this like we did with Moemon and start up a separate thread for Fuwa in general instead of making this a Game Club thing?

I'll see if I can find a link to one once I'm off work.

The following blog has a pre-patched rom download so you don't even have to worry about patching or finding the exactly right rom to patch.

http://nicoblog.org/snes-rom/romancing-saga/

Should we just treat this like we did with Moemon and start up a separate thread for Fuwa in general instead of making this a Game Club thing?

Thanks for finding that!  All I could find was ROMs that didn't fit the description in any way, and I was getting a little frustrated.  The fact that it's pre-patched is just icing on the cake.

Probably be a good idea, since Kurisu already picked the games we're gonna be playing.  That is, unless he says he's gonna do it in the future.  Might be a good idea to ask, since I didn't ask batman and he was gonna do it after all.

The modern game weights only 8 gigas and requires a potato to run, i, of course, handpicked the whole 3 games because they are all interestings, cheap and not greedy. 

Gonna have to re-install it during the night, otherwise my family moans and groans because I'm hogging all the bandwidth.

Would you like help picking Flash games in the future?  Like I said, I have a few favorites that I'd love to shove onto people and have been playing Flash games for years and years.  For reference, http://i.imgur.com/OhdhcFp.jpg'>I actually beat Pandemic 2.