Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier - Question

Hackrabbits

So I found out that Fortissimo EXA has a complete translated playthrough on youtube, and so I'm curious as to why I never heard of anyone talk about it? Is the translation bad? I was sure this was up the alley for a majority of vn players. Also suprised why no one has brought up the consideration of using this translation to create an official patch.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL119C0A99B1CBA422

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5FDC915FCAE6D7A8

So I found out that Fortissimo EXA has a complete translated playthrough on youtube, and so I'm curious as to why I never heard of anyone talk about it? Is the translation bad? I was sure this was up the alley for a majority of vn players. Also suprised why no one has brought up the consideration of using this translation to create an official patch.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL119C0A99B1CBA422

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5FDC915FCAE6D7A8

Probably the same reason you just found out about it now: lack of publicity. If COMegamanexe posted that he was doing this on these forums like Zakobot did with his S;G Fandisc Youtube Translations maybe we'd know about this sooner  :sachi:

TL seems readable. 

Edit: But what do I know :makina: see Astro's post for more info.

~~

Here's Megaman's Youtube About Me:

"I'm a gamer who also enjoys Visual Novels from time to time. I found Fortissimo EXA back in early 2011, loved it so much I felt the need to self-translate it. I know of the work I did will be avidly disagreed with by professional translators and/or native Japanese speakers, but it's extremely unlikely for any one individual work to get picked up by an English-translating company so I felt I had to do what I could to spread Fortissimo to everyone that stumbled upon it."

I played both the original version and the Nachsten version.  The latter was a great deal better, but the VN as a whole is basically a classic example of the literal chuunige stereotype, looking at the genre from the outside, lol.

I am reading the Nachsten version now... and it really is the chuunige stereotype. :P

And that is 100% okay with me. I love all the overblown powers and melodrama. :wahaha:

Admittedly, the OST is probably my favorite thing about it, right next to some of those gorgeous CGs (cough look at my sig cough).

One of the things I feel would be a bitch to go about translating to English would be the character and battle status screens. Not for language complexity... but because the screens would pretty much need to be entirely remade.

I feel like a lot of people would enjoy this though, so I would love to see it get a patch. :)

Yeah, the BGM is good (that company always splurges on the visuals and BGM), but the actual story is a bit iffy, at least in my eyes.  I particularly dislike the way they did the final endings in Nachsten, despite the fact that I liked how they actually made separate paths.

*Only played fortissimo for the OST (and Momiji)*

I liked the game because it was a chuu2ge that reads like a moege, but it is really hard to follow at times, and I have a hard time understanding what's going on