Visual novels for kids

Deep Blue

you're leading them to the dark side at such a young age...

trust me there are worst things on the tv all the time even shows aimed for her are really bad, on the internet too, she is either watching silly things on youtube with my sister or playing flash games,

Why not read something interesting and learn while she is at it?Is not a book but it is something very very similar and maybe the next thing she would like to do is learn japanese :P

What about the Princess Maker games? Not sure if they all count as VNs because they have a fair amount of interactivity, but I've played the second one and it's fun and something a girl her age would like. 

4 & 5 are listed on VNDB and the fourth one has an English patch, however they have 15+ ratings so you might want to play through them first.

I'd say no on Steins;Gate because one of the plotlines involves sexual assault, there's some bloody images and profanity as well.

To be honest, OP, this medium simply doesn't skew to kids that young, which is why it's hard for us to help you. When my sister was eight or nine she liked watching me play/read Katawa Shoujo (with the H-scenes turned off) and was eager to know which girl I'd pick/end up with, but she's a bit of an oddball.

You know, I just had a great idea! How about you have her read To the Moon!?

Many may not call it a VN, but I do classify it as one. And since your objective is to teach her english, japanese voices would just be in the way, probably.

This game is very very simple, but so moving~