Heroes of the Storm

Cythnar

So, has anyone been keeping up with it? It just released, I think. I'm not necessarily into MOBA's anymore after quitting league two years ago. I figured I'd give it a short spin, though.

Who else has been looking into it or has been playing? Thoughts?

I played it for a while but the pricing when I was playing was horrendous to get everything. Solid game based around teamwork (which has its faults) and not as solo carry oriented like League. It is worth checking out especially since it is free, even more so if you plan to drop money on it. 

I have gotten into it recently, along with another Fuwa member who gave me a Key back in the Beta. I don't play it much honestly, simply because it's not that fun when you're playing with random people online. It's highly enjoyable with friends though. I highly support making a Skype group for organizing matches if we have enough people interested.

As for the game itself, hmmm. It's not easy to get the heroes you like, especially if they're one of the costly ones. Prices range quite a lot, for no apparent reason. Characters aren't as balanced as they should be, but nothing is too broken. Overall, I think you should only get into this game if you're planing to invest a considerable amount of time and/or money into it, but everyone should at least try it for what it's worth

Oh... So compared to league, it'll require much more time and effort to get heroes you like? Meh, it's to be expected, though. There aren't that many heroes yet, yeah? Give you something to work towards I guess. 

I wouldn't be against a skype group if more people play. I played league quite a bit back in the day, so eh. I'm still in the tutorials so I'm not sure what to make of it just yet, but it seems fun enough. 

Oh... So compared to league, it'll require much more time and effort to get heroes you like? 

I'm not sure how long it took to get a hero in League, as I haven't played that game. It's just that the range of prices can be pretty huge. The cheapest heroes are at 2000 gold, with you can get within 2-3~ days, depending on a lot of stuff though. Other heroes are as high as 10,000 gold, which would take quite a bit of grinding. 

I'm thinking about playing a bit myself, mainly just to get the HS cardback.

Not evenly remotely a fan of MOBAs.

lol! I'll probably spill a game or two here and there. I did an AI match after the tutorial, and I like the way the game plays. No items like League apparently, which makes the game pretty simple. Seems there's no real curbstomp builds, and maybe the game requires more teamwork and skill than anything else. I'm game for that.

Still have my adc tunnel vision from League though, heh. Probably why I didn't bother going past gold.  :illya:

I've been playing it a lot recently myself, not the first MOBA I've played (I've played DOTA and SMITE before) but I never liked having to memorize item builds, felt like more of a chore than anything fun. I like the idea of teamwork being central to the gameplay and this is much better with friends of course so I second the idea of making a Skype Group.

• 1 month later...

I got bored of LOL and decided to play this again. I mean it is ok. it is a dumb downed version of a MOBA. no items and the leveling is different etc. just like D3, it is for casual people.

I bought Nova and she is awesome. I'll wait for the nerf.