[Discussion] Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan

eclipsezero

I think the issue with him being gone is, do we really think Armin is up to the task. The only other option than Eren coming back is, that Armin suddenly becomes a badass, which is possible, but I feel if that was the plan, Eren would have died as a kid, timeskip with an older Armin, tough and full of hate

Sasha can become the bad ass main character. I would be perfectly fine with that. Nah, but if they went that route and killed Eren, Mikasa would likely take his role and she would constantly try to get Armin to man up.

Sasha can become the bad ass main character. I would be perfectly fine with that. Nah, but if they went that route and killed Eren, Mikasa would likely take his role and she would constantly try to get Armin to man up.

I feel since this week's episode is about Mikasa's backstory, we'll have a better idea of what she's capable. The bad news is that we'll not find out the fate of the fight till a week after :(/>/>

ps: I love Sasha, but I want her to be lighthearted forever, also I feel the anime OP gives away that he's not gonna die

Oh god, just watched the OP.. dammit.

Ehhh that episode sort of knocked the show down for me. Really don't like the direction the Titans are taking. In one episode, they went from something terrifying to something stupid and ridiculous (yes, I'm talking about dat Titan which will forever be remembered in gifs across the internet.)

Ehhh that episode sort of knocked the show down for me. Really don't like the direction the Titans are taking. In one episode, they went from something terrifying to something stupid and ridiculous (yes, I'm talking about dat Titan which will forever be remembered in gifs across the internet.)

I think it was meant to be an out of control one, on a charge for victory. I have to admit though, it wasn't near the caliber I was expecting, but I hope next week's is better. Still an amazing show, I just hope it doesn't lose steam.

Soooo there will be a "Dumb Ass Titan" category? Because seriously, it removed all sense of bleakness from the scene and killed what could have been a really, really good, powerful scene.

Other issues with the episode were the use if still frames. I know every episode can't have top notch animation, but I'm beginning to notice a lot more panned, still frame shots and its getting to me. Still a great show, but as I told a friend, it may have reached its peak for me too early.

Soooo there will be a "Dumb Ass Titan" category? Because seriously, it removed all sense of bleakness from the scene and killed what could have been a really, really good, powerful scene.
don't lie, you'd shit your pants if you saw that irl.

and the rest of the episode was really good.

The Titans are one of the very mysteries of the series. Even in the manga no one knows a shit about what titans really are and that is what makes the series interesting because there are also many mysteries along the way that will make you guess forever lol

However, as i said before, next episode and the next episode and the next episode before it will probably make people very mixed.

Ep. 5-6 spoiler.

So is this when Mikasa takes up Eren's legacy and kicks all the titan's ass? Or shall Eren magically come back to life somehow?

Only time will tell! We'll probably find out in episode 8 or something.

more episode 5-6 spoiler

or: mikasa loses herself to her grief and dies, and the blonde kid grows a set and becomes the new main character. he then kills all the titans, marries sasha, and starts a potato farm. I like my ending best.

The Titans are one of the very mysteries of the series. Even in the manga no one knows a shit about what titans really are and that is what makes the series interesting because there are also many mysteries along the way that will make you guess forever lol

However, as i said before, next episode and the next episode and the next episode before it will probably make people very mixed.

After having caught up with and re-reading the earlier chapters, agree completely. While I absolutely goddamn love what the author has done, some peeps...will be less than enthused, to say the least :V

Going to update this post after watching latest episode >3>~

After having caught up with and re-reading the earlier chapters, agree completely. While I absolutely goddamn love what the author has done, some peeps...will be less than enthused, to say the least :V

Going to update this post after watching latest episode >3>~

I also love what the author did with it. People would probably be mixed because they thought that the survival theme would be less entertaining, the realistic feel and most of the people thought that this series is a seinen. In terms of mood and atmosphere it is seinen but in heart, it is shonen :P

I'll stick around for the duration of the show because its wonderfully animated for the most part, and the music is top notch. But yeah, if the show is going to start turning into something else, things could get ugly.

As long as the next episode is what I think it is. I'm looking forward to it.

I got major Evangelion vibes from that freaking awesome scene.

the whole Titan vs. Titan should be fun, but if that Titan turns out to be Eren, screw this show

Same thing here. It's not yet on par with the best Eva fight scenes in terms of giants fighting but it was really good. And I share your fears >_>

I'll be staying away from every SnK thread but this one and another on a forum I trust to avoid spoilers =o