Hadaka Shitsuji

Tizzy

I just downloaded Hadaka Shitsuji from Fuwanovel.

The problem is that I can't see the text box or any text in it. There is the Quick save , skip, log and menu buttons but that's it.

I can view the text in the log and it appears normally, not spaced out. I have my computer set correctly in non unicode.

Is there anything I can do about this..? Thank you very much!

No, I don't think that's the case.

It was like this the first time I clicked on it. I hadn't touched anything yet.

If that was the case, the options would disappear, wouldn't they? I'm not sure.

I just clicked around and it didn't work. But I found that clicking a few of them caused the game to crash. Things like switching from window mode to fullscreen.

Hey guys, we're working on figuring out what's wrong with the text box. It's likely an error with the font, but we're not entirely sure what's causing it. If you guys could post information regarding OS type and your settings, that would help a lot.

@lolicat If the menus are untranslated that means the translators chose not to translate them. You could try posting a screencap of the menu here, and someone may translate it, but it likely won't be put in to the game at this point.

Edit: Just to make sure, are you running Hadaka_en instead of the normal .exe file?

Thank you!

My OS is XP, 32 bit.

I'm definitely running the Hadaka_en file. But out of curiousity I checked the normal .exe file and the problem is happening there too.

Could it be my computer that's the problem?

Hm, I'm not sure why a Windows XP would have issues. Just DLed it on vista with no issues. Have you tried redownloading the game?

Also regarding the menu, I took a look at it and it's quite simple.

Arranged from Top to bottom:

Start

Gallery

[Likely reserved spot for Extras]

Game Config

Exit

-------------

In game config menu,

Screen Settings | BGM

Window | Fullscreen | Sound Effects

Effects | Message Speed (Slow | Fast)

On | Off

Message Skip | Auto Message Speed (Slow | Fast)

Read | All

Master Volume     | Message Window Opacity

[Voice Options]

In game bar...

Quick Save

Quick Load

Save

Load

Game Config

Skip

Auto Mode

Title

End Game

Hope that helps. Still trying to figure out why the message box would dissapear.....

Bah formatting is super bad.... Oh well

How strange.

Thank you for taking so much time and effort!

I'll try and re download it again.

If it doesn't work then I'll just play it by clicking on the text log, even if it does spoil it somewhat. It's clearly my bad luck. :rolleyes:

I'm just happy I can read it at all.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still having issues with this/viewing this thread, can you check if your computer has Hiragana installed? If your computer is not set up to read Japanese characters, than that likely is causing the Windows Display message to fail.

If anyone is still having issues with this/viewing this thread, can you check if your computer has Hiragana installed? If your computer is not set up to read Japanese characters, than that likely is causing the Windows Display message to fail.

Seconded. Did some research, and XP requires Japanese language files to be installed. You can download them from Microsoft, or via control panel->Languages. Look for the East Asian languages pack, or Japanese pack.

• 3 months later...

The missing text box, have you tried right-clicking? I accidentally removed the text box by right-clicking because I had recently played Dramatical Murder, and in that one right-clicking is how you access the game menu. Right clicking again brought the box back. I hope that solves your problem!

If this remains an issue for any user, please PM myself or any mod and we will re-open it. As it stands, as an old topic with no follow-up from the original poster, I am closing it.