VNR Issues

BananaShiki

So here's the thing.

I updated VNR today and my antivirus deleted one of the Reader's files, so it stopped working and I had to reinstall it, having done that, I start it up again, re-download my dictionaries and everything, and turns out the reader stopped showing the definitions for anything.

05Ph302.png

I couldn't find a way to fix this, even downloading the dictionaries manually didn't work.

So I uninstall it and download it again, and after I set everything up it turns out the reader now shits itself and dies whenever it tries to display any text.

kuhfreg.png?1

So I have no idea why it's doing this or how to fix it and was wondering if anyone here happened to know.

For word-by-word lookup I find VNR pretty clumsy.  When I have to use VNR, I use it only to hook.  I actually display text in Translation Aggregator, using JParser for dictionary lookup.  With JParser, I can look up every word in a line with a single sweep of the mouse.  With VNR, this is not possible due to display lag and awkward "hit boxes" on the words.

Hello BananaShiki,

I really recommend turning off any anti-virus especially free ones if you do a fresh install of VNR. They black listed several dlls. Especially AVG and Bitdefender, holy cow just uninstall that crappy free  anti-virus and use Kaspersky instead.

Steps to do fresh install:

-Go to the scripts folder in VNR

Run (double click) Remove VNR Profiles.cmd

Right click > Install Remove VNR Settings.reg

Now get a fresh copy VNR v150218 and extract it in a folder with no special characters.

Now do this:

aL8C7zy.jpg

vY1he2D.jpg

-Tips to prevent crashing-

I make sure that after the game is launched using the Springboard, that the loading circle in the lower left corner disappears and "Processing Dictionary" in the notification disappears as well.

This means that the dictionaries are now loaded and some other configurations.

If that doesn't work, you can submit your debug log at the official forum website of VNR.

How to debug:

Instructions at my blog: VNR Advance tutorial Part 5

• 9 months later...