Graphic novel/light novels

tundrick

I've noticed there are a lot of really good looking light novels but a lot of them don't have English translations or are fan translated and not yet finished. I wanted to know if anyone has a recommendation of a light novel/graphic novel that has actually been published in English?. By published i obviously mean a physical copy in English that i can purchase :).

I'm not really familiar with licensed series, but I'll try my best to help you out. Note that I have not read most of these, but here is a list of LNs that I feel was well received and/or praised by others.

• Bungaku Shoujo
  • Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Kara no Kyoukai
  • Kino no Tabi
  • Zaregoto Series
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index
  • Log Horizon
  • No Game No Life
  • Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (I think it's going to get licensed)
  • Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Welcome to the N.H.K!

That's about all that I can think of off the top of my head. However, If you need recommendations on LNs that are not licensed, but are translated, feel free to let me know anytime. I'll be glad to help out.

I'm not really familiar with licensed series, but I'll try my best to help you out. Note that I have not read most of these, but here is a list of LNs that I feel was well received and/or praised by others.

• Bungaku Shoujo
  • Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Kara no Kyoukai
  • Kino no Tabi
  • Zaregoto Series
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index
  • Log Horizon
  • No Game No Life
  • Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (I think it's going to get licensed)
  • Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Welcome to the N.H.K!

That's about all that I can think of off the top of my head. However, If you need recommendations on LNs that are not licensed, but are translated, feel free to let me know anytime. I'll be glad to help out.

Thanks for the help, i appreciate the suggestions and am going to try a few novels from that list.

two big things to look for are yen press that company publishes a lot of light novels, manga and Japanese novels translated in to English, and for older titles that haven't been picked up look for the tokyopop light novels that were published the company closed its light novel division a few years a go but there are a decently amount of copies floating around of the series that they published.

http://www.yenpress.com/

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tokyopop+light+novels

two big things to look for are yen press that company publishes a lot of light novels, manga and Japanese novels translated in to English, and for older titles that haven't been picked up look for the tokyopop light novels that were published the company closed its light novel division a few years a go but there are a decently amount of copies floating around of the series that they published.

http://www.yenpress.com/

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tokyopop+light+novels

^ Yen Press is easily my favorite for manga and light novel translations. They keep things as-is, no need for terrible-style artworks (Sankarea manga anyone?). I just really like how they handle things. Spice & Wolf manga and light novel are the best examples of what they've been producing.