Hello all

Thantiir

Hi all,

I just stumbled onto the site today and am very impressed with what I see here. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of dedication and quality effort put forth both in the site and in the community, something I've search for, for a long time for the English speaking community. I've been a fan of visual novels for many years, first getting into them when I was much younger. My first encounter was with titles such as Seasons of the Sakura, Three Sisters Story, and Runaway City, but my love of the genre was cemented when I discovered Divi-Dead. Despite the mediocre quality of the translation, the mixture of an engaging plot and brilliant artwork made me hungry for more. Recently, titles such as Ever 17, 999, and Virtue's Last Reward have whetted that appetite, since I'm a sucker for games that are challenging and demand heavy thinking. I'm hoping to get involved and dig in some roots here, since I know nowhere else I can express my deep interest in the visual novel genre. It's good to be here!

Yay~

glad u like it. i actually dont even know some of these titles you mentioned. they must be old?

did u also play Hideo Kojima's policenauts? (i should upload that!)

and on the DS there is hotel dusk and last window, although i dunno much about them.

there are a couple of places apart from us, there is erogegames.com (probably the largest), and vndb.org forums (awful, awful community. the ppl on there can't wait to troll you) and craneanime. Also some ppl on hongfire and nihonomaru and a few at anime-sharing. You also get the occasional thread on animesuki.com. but that's about everyone I know in this space. some of these aren't really fully dedicated to VNs like us.

anyhows enjoy your stay.

maybe you can recommend me some titles to upload? although we only stock fan translated titles, no commercially translated titles, which is inconsistent... i know.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I actually have played Policenauts, it was an excellent title. The interface and handling was great, but as for plot and character development I thought Snatcher was a bit better. I dunno if you're familiar with it but it was another Kojima title that Konami commercially released here on the Sega CD way back in the day. I definitely need to give it props since it was one of my favorite titles on the system. As for those other titles, they're all extremely old eroges that were brought out in the mid 90s, I think? They were good titles at that point but they haven't aged horribly well.

As for some good titles to upload, one biggie I can think of is YU-NO – The Girl that Chants Love at the Edge of the World. It was only brought out as a fan translation, fairly recently I think, though it is an older title. But apparently, some souls claim it to be one of the better titles out there. It was done by the same studio that developed the Dragon Knight series. A lot of work was put into modernizing it, including a voice pack and a higher quality music build but putting all that together is extremely high maintenance, which is why I haven't had the time to try it out yet. It might be worth looking into. :)

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you with us. Feel free to ask if you have any questions :D/>

Playing anything atm?

My gaming interests are all over the place so on one hand I'm trying to give Umineko another shot. The last epic VN I completed was Higurashi and I feel like I'm due for another. As for conventional gaming, I'm doing a replay of Fallout: New Vegas.....I'm travelling the Lonesome Road at this point. It's far from a perfect title but I can't deny the charm of the franchise. :)