In need of a new VN

tundrick

If you're looking for translated titles with Hikikomori protagonists, I'm afraid the pickings are quite slim. A similar thread was made here.

Here's a link to vndb for the Otaku Protagonist tag, filtered by English translations.

The same, but for the Hikikomori Protagonist tag.

As for personal recommendations, I think S;G might be a safe bet if you're looking to get inside the head of a deranged character.

If you're looking for translated titles with Hikikomori protagonists, I'm afraid the pickings are quite slim. A similar thread was made here.

Here's a link to vndb for the Otaku Protagonist tag, filtered by English translations.

The same, but for the Hikikomori Protagonist tag.

As for personal recommendations, I think S;G might be a safe bet if you're looking to get inside the head of a deranged character.

Wow, almost all of those look extremely unappealing haha, i appreciate it though. I have seen the Steins;Gate anime, would i still enjoy the VN or are they extremely similar?

Wow, almost all of those look extremely unappealing haha, i appreciate it though. I have seen the Steins;Gate anime, would i still enjoy the VN or are they extremely similar?

The anime is truncated content-wise for obvious reasons, so there is still more for you to experience in the visual novel. The plot, and major events of the true route are the same, though. Did you watch the dub or the sub? 

nope you can play Muv luv alternative with out playing the first two games as everything that happens in unlimited is explained in alternative and the first game is just a normal rom com that's not even worth mention

I see, much appreciated, i'll start reading that then :)

I see, much appreciated, i'll start reading that then :)

While you can do that, the game has much more of an impact when you play the other two. I suggest putting in the time with Extra and Unlimited, it's really worth the time spent. 

And to be honest, despite it not being too original, it's actually fairly entertaining. 

While you can do that, the game has much more of an impact when you play the other two. I suggest putting in the time with Extra and Unlimited, it's really worth the time spent. 

And to be honest, despite it not being too original, it's actually fairly entertaining. 

As much as i would love to play the whole series, it would just take way too much time to get through all of it, i don't want to risk losing interest in the series because of how much time it is taking to complete the prequels. If alternate explains enough of the story to know what is going on then i'm happy with that. Unless of course more people can convince me that i NEED to play the whole series :)

Not really extra and unlimited are there for lolz they are more comedy than anything except for the ending of unlimited it takes a serious turn but other then that you can skip the two of them and not feel lost playing alternative

You only need to play Unlimited, not extra. And unlimited is pretty short. Yes, you can still go in blind and only play MLA, since everything you need to know will be explained like, 10 minutes in, but it's still better if you play unlimited. Think of it as the introductory chapters to MLA.