Heroes of the Storm

Freestyle80

Im pretty sure they pick a letter from the alphabet and send out keys to people with a email that starts with that letter

If that's how they actually pick participants, then a lot of people should've been picked already (considering that, by their statement, they pick new participants every week). And that sounds like a stupid picking system, they're most probably using RNGs.

I've been considering if I'll play this game or not when it's released, and it's solely based on something I read somewhere (that they won't make new heroes, but use the ones already existing in the games). Is that true, or will they create new playable characters from scratch? 

Also, grats on getting that Alpha!

nothing from scratch they'll keep on adding blizzard heroes into the game as time goes on like for example the Overwatch characters and the many heroes from WoW,SCII and Diablo 3 that'r all left

and thanks :D

If that's how they actually pick participants, then a lot of people should've been picked already (considering that, by their statement, they pick new participants every week). And that sounds like a stupid picking system, they're most probably using RNGs.

yea its definately RNG,i'm only 'officially' playing blizzard games for 6 months only lol and i got invite so u just need to be lucky :P i really wasnt expecting to get an invite though so it was a nice surprise xD (esp during my summer break!)

It was a joke lol, and honestly they should be picking people who actually have games on their battle.net accounts rather then the people who just made one cause of a new MOBA

so after playing it for a while (like 5 hours straight), I'll give my 2 cents:

It really isn't as bad as people (including myself) thought.  There are quite a few heroes to choose from and each is rather OP in it's own way, but the only thing that hinders it quite a bit is actually unlocking all of the heroes through gold rather than through micro-transactions.  One thing that may turn quite a few people off is the fact that there is no gold in the match, no currency whatsoever at all, which also means no items.  Each map is objective-based with the primary objective to destroy the enemy core.  Side-objectives are presented to give the teams an edge against their enemies (such as paying a map mechanic currency to a pirate who will then bombard enemy structures for a time dealing massive siege damage, or controlling shrines that will awaken a single large creep that will fight for the team that awoke it and it just wrecks things; but a neat one that actually applies to both teams is the collection of certain items on the map to create golems, one of which you control and one of which's attack power is dependent on how much of that item you get).

I've been playing quite a bit as Arthas since he's free to play this week, and it just feels GOOD to be a warrior in that game, it takes a lot to kill you and you can deal a lot of burst damage when you time it right.

As far as leveling up, your entire team shares XP, so everyone on your team levels with you when you get the required XP amount.  As for talents, quite a few of them change how you use your abilities and how you play in the late game, such as with Arthas' death coil, I tend to use it as a nice heal in the early/mid game when I need it, but in the late game you can make it deal damage and heal at the same time, so you can be a bit more gung-ho about it.

All in all I like it quite a bit vs say Dota 2 because I despise the items of that game, and I can't put it to a comparison to LoL since I have boycotted that game for years.

so after playing it for a while (like 5 hours straight), I'll give my 2 cents:

It really isn't as bad as people (including myself) thought. There are quite a few heroes to choose from and each is rather OP in it's own way, but the only thing that hinders it quite a bit is actually unlocking all of the heroes through gold rather than through micro-transactions. One thing that may turn quite a few people off is the fact that there is no gold in the match, no currency whatsoever at all, which also means no items. Each map is objective-based with the primary objective to destroy the enemy core. Side-objectives are presented to give the teams an edge against their enemies (such as paying a map mechanic currency to a pirate who will then bombard enemy structures for a time dealing massive siege damage, or controlling shrines that will awaken a single large creep that will fight for the team that awoke it and it just wrecks things; but a neat one that actually applies to both teams is the collection of certain items on the map to create golems, one of which you control and one of which's attack power is dependent on how much of that item you get).

I've been playing quite a bit as Arthas since he's free to play this week, and it just feels GOOD to be a warrior in that game, it takes a lot to kill you and you can deal a lot of burst damage when you time it right.

As far as leveling up, your entire team shares XP, so everyone on your team levels with you when you get the required XP amount. As for talents, quite a few of them change how you use your abilities and how you play in the late game, such as with Arthas' death coil, I tend to use it as a nice heal in the early/mid game when I need it, but in the late game you can make it deal damage and heal at the same time, so you can be a bit more gung-ho about it.

All in all I like it quite a bit vs say Dota 2 because I despise the items of that game, and I can't put it to a comparison to LoL since I have boycotted that game for years.

so getting gold to buy the champs is really grindy,huh?

and there are no items? really? so no last hitting creeps/minions?

that confuses me so the only thing u do early is afk till ur team levels up enough? It a sounds a bit unique,i'll check it out soon i guess

so getting gold to buy the champs is really grindy,huh?

and there are no items? really? so no last hitting creeps/minions?

that confuses me so the only thing u do early is afk till ur team levels up enough? It a sounds a bit unique,i'll check it out soon i guess

Nope, no in-match currency, and last-hitting creeps is no longer a concept to Heroes of the Storm as the entire party gets XP if one of your heroes is near the kill of the creep/enemy hero.

However I wouldn't go afk in the early game as in a 5v5 match you're going to want all 5 people participating in those objectives depending on which map you're on.

Basically how it is right now, it looks like Raynor is permanently free (?), while they have a rotation every week of free heroes (and you can have more each rotation based on your player level).  You get gold after you get to certain player levels, as well as certain hero levels so it's actually not that bad so far.  It's only going to get bad in the later part of your Heroes of the Storm "career" when you level quite a few heroes past the gold amounts you can get, and you're already above level 10 or so when the gold stops flowing in.  At that point is just grinding games and daily quests to get your gold.

Btw a LOT of heroes are insanely expensive, like Azmodan is 10,000 gold or like $9 or your regional equivalent.