[PSOne] Double Cast -- original JP scripts ready for translation

5379.jpgdc06.jpg?w=210&h=208

EsperKnight posted these script files here to this old school VN: https://visualnovelaer.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/4585/#comments

I thought it was pretty cool so I thought I'd jot it down in a thread.

"Double Cast is the first title in the “Yarudora” series (short for Yaru Dorama, “do it yourself drama”). Double Cast is an interactive movie VN, developed by Sugar & Rockets and published by SCE Studios Japan, with animations by Production I.G. It was first released in 25 June, 1998 for the Playstation and then received a port to the PSP in 28 July 2005."

https://randomnessthing.com/2012/09/20/visual-novel-highlight-double-cast/

oh yeah, Sensei(esperknyte) reverse engineered various console games along time ago...

not only "Double cast" but 4 various Yarudora series as well...

he as alot of his list I swear...

why I call him sensei, because he though me how to reverse engineer some games. ^^

one other thing is that i played the game and it is very good.. all four series..

because you mention it, now I have the interest of playing back all four again..

• 2 weeks later...

This is relevant to my interests, for several reasons:

1. I tend to like console games.

2. Over a decade after the PS1 era ended, I still consider it one of the best times to be a video game fan. And when I look at untranslated import games from the era, it seems amazing at how many complex, clever romance games were available.

3. I don't expect any company will localize Double Cast. While it was re-released on the PSP in the recent past, even that version has almost no chance of getting an official translation.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I never know that there's a thread in regard of Double Cast translation, and as far as PSP version I already forgot about it. In any case, well at least now we have Double Cast available in English, even though it may not as interesting as the newer VNs when it come to the writing. If anything else, it has some interesting graphic in form of animated graphic (The only similar VNs that also have that is Overflow VNs, and they're wrote the in-game setting under influence) and music (Composed by Yuki Kajiura who is lauded as one of well known anime composer, although the soundtrack in here may not up to her newer work).

Edited by littleshogun