psp and ps vita games

colekitt

hey so i'm planning on getting a psp and ps vita (if i don't buy something it just goes to japanese snacks) so i was wondering what are some games worth buying i already plan on getting persona but any thing else would be great. also can you play psp games on vita? if so i don't need a psp.

PS Vita can play PSP games you download, just not the Disks, so getting both is pretty unnecessary.  Great Vita games include Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Danganronpa 1+2, Gravity Rush, off the top of my head...  PSP games I'm sure others have great suggestions, I don't have much.  Valkyria Chronicles 2, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Final Fantasy Dissidia, there's a bunch of others you should probably look into. 

For PSP:

God Eater Burst

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Black Rock Shooter

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Half-Minute Hero

Corpse Party series

For Vita:

I dunno, lol. Never owned Vita.

Never done much with my PSP aside from Dissidia and Persona 2: Innocent Sin, mostly got it for some portable VNs.

Vita:  DanganRonpa.  Play DanganRonpa.  For the love of god play DanganRonpa.   Also Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Senran Kagura Shinovi vs.     

Are you planning on buying a NA Vita or importing one from Japan?

The only recommendations I can give are for the Vita. If you like dungeon crawlers Demon Gaze is a great game, although it lacks replayability value even with the new game+ option.

If you like hunting type games(aka Monster Hunter-ish types of games) the recently released Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden are good bets.

Are you planning on buying a NA Vita or importing one from Japan?

i was going to import but is there a  better one

I do not know much about the PSP. However, for the love of the metaphysical omnipotent entity you believe in, if any, play Danganronpa 1 and 2 for the Vita. Also play 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. VLR is available for Vita but you will need a DS (or a DS emulator) to play 999, and you must play 999 first.

i have a 3DS and as soon as i find a copy i'm going to play 999

Before I do my only derail post on this thread let me say that I forgot to add in Conception 2 if you're into a lot of sexual innuendos with some dating sim like interactions with the heroines and RPG gameplay.

Derailment starts

No, that's what I did (for second model obviously) as well and I think it's the best option until there are actual ones to by in NA.   Also colors.  

You would prefer the second model PS Vita to the first one Stray Cat? That's almost blasphemy. OLED>LCD

/Derailment

Before I do my only derail post on this thread let me say that I forgot to add in Conception 2 if you're into a lot of sexual innuendos with some dating sim like interactions with the heroines and RPG gameplay.

Derailment starts

You would prefer the second model PS Vita to the first one Stray Cat? That's almost blasphemy. OLED>LCD

/Derailment

Yep, for two very simple reasons:

1. Extra Battery Life
  2. Micro USB charging

I highly value convenience in electronics.  The differences in sound and picture quality have to be extremely substantial for me to care, this one seemed minor to me.

The convenience aspect is indeed a good point, specially regarding the charging cable being able to be a micro usb(although the connector is flimsy as f*ck and is more prone to break vs the bulkier proprietary Sony one).

However owning a 1st model myself I have never had problems regarding battery life and there is a noticeable difference specially for me since I sometimes play in the dark and seeing as the OLED is much more accurate in overall color reproduction specially regarding black levels than the cheaper LCD display on the second model.

For me, personally of course, I regard the 1st model as the superior one, but it all comes down to what compromises you're willing to make and your preference on the subject is I guess.

Yea, the charger has scared me on more than one occasion so that's not the best trade-off.   However, while Sony has listed 6 hours I've clocked 8-9 on my system so I see that as a huge improvement. 

For me, price and availability was also an issue, so I was willing to pay a fair amount less for a slightly flimsier model with better battery life.