Tokyo Ghoul Discussion (Spoiler Alert)

Nosebleed

I feel like I don't have enough people to discuss this manga with so I thought why not open a thread and see if I can gather other people's opinions.

This thread is meant to be used for discussion of the manga in general.

I'm going to be talking mostly about Tokyo Ghoul:Re so if you have not read it or if you're just an anime watcher you probably shouldn't read ahead. You have been warned.

So we're 4 chapters in and this manga is bugging me a little.

First of all the new quinque investigators, I am seriously praying that someone explains to me what is the logic behind attempting to destroy ghouls by creating more "ghouls". I know they can't eat humans as long as they keep their RC cell count in check but seriously, what's the logic.

And secondly this annoying time skip with no explanation was just as an awful start as the other manga's ending. I swear to god if there's no explanation of what happened after that ending I am going to rage.

These are my main issues thus far with the manga.

As far as the new characters, hard to judge with only 4 chapters but I sense the new quinque investigators are going to turn against CCG. Akira is still Akira, I never really liked her all that much. Sasaki feels like a more down to earth Kaneki and his helper (the eye patch dark lady) just seemed like a generic character.

I seriously hope there's something interesting happening soon.

I'm curious about Sasaki though, I'm pretty sure he was injected with Kaneki's Kakuhou as there seemed to be a glimpse of Kaneki in his dream, but there's no confirmation yet.

This would mean that Kaneki has regrettably died, what a shame.

I did think at one point Kaneki was alive and could be the rumored "Snake" but doesn't seem like it.

Well, that's as far as I've judged this manga since nothing much happened yet. This Torso ghoul is probably just some minor villain so I don't think we're into any major arc yet.

Thoughts?

How about Sasaki being Kaneki, his hair is growing black again since he's not freaking insane anymore, he also reacted strangely when we was told bon appetite.

A friend pointed out Snake may be Nishio and Torso may be Tsukiyama, I don't believe in the latter.

I really want Juuzo to appear.

Tsukiyama appeard in the first chapter alive and well so I don't believe in the latter either.

Don't know about Nishio, though.

And i don't think Sasaki is Kaneki, I do believe he has Kaneki's Kakuhou though so just like Kaneki had with Rize he now has part of Kaneki's consciousness inside of him, somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap, Kaneki lives on!

Though a shame to know he is no longer in the physical world.

And it's rather ironic he was implanted in a dove.

This could lead to some interesting plot developments.

I really wonder where they'll take it from here. I thought serpent could be someone from Anteiku but i guess not.

The non-physical Kaneki is the crazy centipede-masked Kaneki, there's still a chance of that panel meaning Haise is normal Kaneki who is trying to resist to his insane alter-ego.

Also, seeing what Haise does with his fingers could mean that even if Kaneki is no longer in the physical world, he could become Haise's alterego.

Remember how Kaneki sometimes resembled Rize? It happened with Tsukiyama and with Jason, we could see Haise becoming Kaneki.

And for god's sake I want Kaneki back! 

Nishio senpai~

That plot twist. Well it's kind of lame how Haise became half a ghoul just like Kaneki, yet they treat him like a human, unlike Kaneki. Silly CCG.

This does however offer the possibility for Kaneki being alive, although that's just repeating the same path of the old manga.

Nishio senpai~

That plot twist. Well it's kind of lame how Haise became half a ghoul just like Kaneki, yet they treat him like a human, unlike Kaneki. Silly CCG.

This does however offer the possibility for Kaneki being alive, although that's just repeating the same path of the old manga.

Isn't it confirmed now that Haise is brainwashed Kaneki? 

Isn't it confirmed now that Haise is brainwashed Kaneki? 

Or he could just be some dude that got Kaneki's Kakuhou implanted in them (like the quinque guys), we don't know yet.

Reason I say this is only because he was seeing Kaneki inside his head so it could be the "2 soulds in one body" type of thing just like with Rize.

Although I won't discard your possibility. I hadn't thought about it but it's actually an interesting path to take if it was true.

Touka an SS Rank Ghoul? That's interesting, she must have become a big badass to be in Aogiri Tree now.

So.. is Haise actually Kaneki but had his memories wiped out? I have no clue anymore, it'd be cool if he was though.

God.. so much hype, Kaneki please come back!

I'm thinking in a few chapters Haise and Touka will meet, and then something might go down in Haise's head.

There's so much stuff that's different, I really want to piece all of it together.

Could be, but didn't Ayato show up at the beginning of the manga with the rest of Anteiku? 

Why would he be the rabbit anyway? And I didn't sense he could become an SS Rank Ghoul either, I think it's Touka, although I could always be wrong, and I'm sure there's a reason for her to be in Aogiri Tree, it wouldn't be the first time I saw a good character switch sides.

Woah, Ayato becomes stronger and went SS rank even though he got complete wrecked back then by Kaneki...

Of course! Nishio became plenty badass as well.

And it is now revealed how much time passed since V14 to Re. A nice time skip, if you ask me,not nine silly years like in FT but two nice and seemingly constant years.

I'm weirded out at Arima, though. I found him to be likable in his series, but seeing him so friendly with Kaneki is just... weird... just weird.

• 2 weeks later...