Can´t get these games to work.

Ivan A.

I was gonna make this 4 days ago, but I couldn´t because of real life stuff. Back on topic.

Let´s start this with a question:

What do "Amairo Islenauts", "Noble Works" and " Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki" have in common?

The answer:

All 3 games don´t work!!!(in my case)

I installed al 3 games and applied their patches. I tried with Applocale and Japanes System Locale, I even did both at the same time. But still they gave me the same problem.

4s0Wm2j.jpg

Do these 3 games have something in common? Because it happens the same thing in the 3. Maybe it´s something I´m not doing, I seriously don´t know. Any help appreciated.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Damn, this is the 3rd post I make in the "Technical Issues" section in one month. That fact doesn´t make me happy at all.

1. never copy-past stuff from iso's, install it properly. Unless you definitely know how things work and what to do. But that's not the case here.
2. Uninstall everything, manually remove any leftovers (if there are any), set your locale to Japanese before you install anything and keep it this way forever! Don't forget to reboot. Turning it off will give you this message again, obviously. Applocale is shit, don't use it. Especialy if youre on windows newer than XP.

1. never copy-past stuff from iso's, install it properly. Unless you definitely know how things work and what to do. But that's not the case here.

2. Uninstall everything, manually remove any leftovers (if there are any), set your locale to Japanese before you install anything and keep it this way forever! Don't forget to reboot. Turning it off will give you this message again, obviously. Applocale is shit, don't use it. Especialy if youre on windows newer than XP.

You´re quite brutal, aren´t you?

By "keeping it this way forever", you mean when I play it?

You´re quite brutal, aren´t you?

By "keeping it this way forever", you mean when I play it?

Forever means all the time, even when you don't play. This is how it is supposed to be if you want to read VNs. As long as you don't use any other non-unicode software, there shouldn't be any problems (and if you do use such software, consider finding better alternative for it).

Of course you can [turn it on - reboot - play - turn it off - reboot] every time, that's up to you. But THIS is the brutal way, IMHO, not the way I proposed ^__^

Also note that some VNs require more than just changing locale, but date and time representation too. Get used to it.

By the way, in theory this issue also may appear because you didn't cracked these VNs properly or because the patches for them are crap (plus I don't think there are completed patches for any of these VNs yet). But seeing that you have the same problem with 3 of them, this have to be locale issue.

Ok, I´ll start with KoiSaku(because it´s the one I want to play the most) and see what happens.

You don't really need to change your system locale back and forth. You should always keep it set to Japanese

That would be truth if I were the only one to use this computer. It´s indeed mine, but my family insisted in letting my brother use it too. Sometimes things don´t go the way you want it to.

That would be truth if I were the only one to use this computer. It´s indeed mine, but my family insisted in letting my brother use it too. Sometimes things don´t go the way you want it to.

So, having locale always set to Japanese, how this affects your family? What stops working for them or whats the problem?

So, having locale always set to Japanese, how this affects your family? What stops working for them or whats the problem?

Clearly, you don´t have a little brother annoying you in your life. You wouldn´t be asking such a thing if it were the case.

Clearly, you don´t have a little brother annoying you in your life. You wouldn´t be asking such a thing if it were the case.

I don't have a little anyone, true, but the real reason behind my question was to tell you that there shouldn't be anything wrong and ideally no one should notice any difference. And if there is some problem that someone have, then its something that you will likely be able to fix.