No Game No Life/Mahouka koukou no Rettousei season 2 discussion (no it's not confirmed just asking opinions)

Mikimir

Oh look, 17k+ views on an abandoned thread.

Anyway some info, as No Game No Life Light novel has been officially licensed, all fan translations are ceased and taken down.

That being said, the total light novel sales for No Game No Life is astounding after the anime ended.

Also regarding the concerns on retconning the ending of season 1 to the intro of season 2 without messing up the adaptation:

*summoning light show*

Steph: Wh-what is this?
Jibril: What power!
OD!Miko: Divine core manifestation. Mind meld established. Power setting: minimal. Why have you summoned me, you with finite lifespans?
Sora: Exceed Rank #1, Old Deus...
Jibril: Exceed Rank #1?
Izuna: Old...?
Steph: ...Deus!? *faints*
Sora: Okay...
[ ]: Let's begin the game!
OD!Miko: ......
[ ]: ...
Steph: *unconscious*
Everyone else: ...
OD!Miko: ...Declined. Busy now. Come back later.

*light show vanishes*

Everyone: O_o'

*OP begins*

Onto Mahouka, the anime covers up to the first 6 volumes out of a total 14. Needless to say the contents needed are there and with the fact that Mahouka currently being the number 1 light novel in terms of sales this year, beating even Sword Art Online (I did not expect this), season 2 chances seems so huge~

Oh look, 17k+ views on an abandoned thread.

Anyway some info, as No Game No Life Light novel has been officially licensed, all fan translations are ceased and taken down.

That being said, the total light novel sales for No Game No Life is astounding after the anime ended.

Also regarding the concerns on retconning the ending of season 1 to the intro of season 2 without messing up the adaptation:

*summoning light show*

Steph: Wh-what is this?

Jibril: What power!

OD!Miko: Divine core manifestation. Mind meld established. Power setting: minimal. Why have you summoned me, you with finite lifespans?

Sora: Exceed Rank #1, Old Deus...

Jibril: Exceed Rank #1?

Izuna: Old...?

Steph: ...Deus!? *faints*

Sora: Okay...

[ ]: Let's begin the game!

OD!Miko: ......

[ ]: ...

Steph: *unconscious*

Everyone else: ...

OD!Miko: ...Declined. Busy now. Come back later.

*light show vanishes*

Everyone: O_o'

*OP begins*

Onto Mahouka, the anime covers up to the first 6 volumes out of a total 14. Needless to say the contents needed are there and with the fact that Mahouka currently being the number 1 light novel in terms of sales this year, beating even Sword Art Online (I did not expect this), season 2 chances seems so huge~

I have Volume 6 fully tled.

I can pm you a copy. I have not read it myself. I am assembling it from multiple chapter translations put up in another forum. So I cannot vouch for its quality yet. The formatting in the text is annoying and I have not put in the images. I can get it to you by tomorrow if you are interested

I have Volume 6 fully tled.

I can pm you a copy. I have not read it myself. I am assembling it from multiple chapter translations put up in another forum. So I cannot vouch for its quality yet. The formatting in the text is annoying and I have not put in the images. I can get it to you by tomorrow if you are interested

I honestly dont see either of these getting a second season to be honest while the irregualr at magic high school was good it didnt leave much to be desired after the last episode and If no game no life was gonna get a second season it would of already been announced for spring by now

I honestly dont see either of these getting a second season to be honest while the irregualr at magic high school was good it didnt leave much to be desired after the last episode and If no game no life was gonna get a second season it would of already been announced for spring by now

The usual time between season is usually 2 years. Take SAO for example, the second season wasn't announced for 1 full year after the final episode of the first season.

Jibril the point is NO game no life had enough content for a season 2 right away they wouldnt wait on something that hot if they were gonna make a season 2

Same as SAO. Honestly Madhouse didn't expect No Game No Life to be that successful either, and when it did, they already had other projects.

Also postponing 1 year before announcement gives a time gap for DVD sales to increase.