Favorite "Shoujo" female

crunchytaco

You know those big round eyes, long lashes, and the undersexualized bodies to help you focus on the character's personality and kawaii-ness - all the trademarks of a Shoujo. It's like staring at a landscape photo and longing to be there vs. being enticed by a playboy magazine.

Do you have a favorite or one you came to like passingly? Mine is Himari from Penguindrum. Watch this and play Gray Wednesday in the background

large.gif

I grew up reading shoujo possibly more than I did watching mainstream stuff like Pokemon (although I had that phase too), so I have quite a few favorites.

Mitsuki Koyama from Full Moon wo Sagashite (one of my favorite manga of all time, period):

This picture is nice because it has 12-year-old AND 16-year-old Mitsuki:

584103_1290465765577_full.jpg

Sana Kurata from Kodomo no Omocha:

tumblr_mgdexxxMr51r6mrcio1_1280.jpg

And Haine Otomiya from Shinshi Doumei Cross (Another work by Tanemura- she's still one of my favorite mangaka to this day, not just for shoujo manga. Not gonna lie, I bought the artbook for this series):

25700-haine_large.jpg

I grew up reading shoujo possibly more than I did watching mainstream stuff like Pokemon (although I had that phase too), so I have quite a few favorites.

Mitsuki Koyama from Full Moon wo Sagashite (one of my favorite manga of all time, period):

This picture is nice because it has 12-year-old AND 16-year-old Mitsuki:

584103_1290465765577_full.jpg

Sana Kurata from Kodomo no Omocha:

tumblr_mgdexxxMr51r6mrcio1_1280.jpg

And Haine Otomiya from Shinshi Doumei Cross (Another work by Tanemura- she's still one of my favorite mangaka to this day, not just for shoujo manga. Not gonna lie, I bought the artbook for this series):

25700-haine_large.jpg

Old school Shoujo! I like it. I checked out your age and thought you were older :P

Old school Shoujo! I like it. I checked out your age and thought you were older :P

Heh, well, I started reading manga about 8-8.5 years ago, and Full Moon was the third (I think) that I bought back then. After that I branched out based on ads I saw in the backs of books and trailers on the DVDs I bought- some of which was older stuff.

Even now though, it's that late nineties-early 2000's era shoujo that I have a soft spot for. Some of my other favorites are Marmalade Boy (although that's more early-nineties), Sand Chronicles, Ultra Maniac, and Zettai Kareshi (I even have the third volume of this one in the original Japanese). I used to subscribe to Shojo Beat magazine, but I haven't really liked anything that's come out since then, so I guess that's why my tastes are a bit old-fashioned.  :lol:

Heh, well, I started reading manga about 8-8.5 years ago, and Full Moon was the third (I think) that I bought back then. After that I branched out based on ads I saw in the backs of books and trailers on the DVDs I bought- some of which was older stuff.

Even now though, it's that late nineties-early 2000's era shoujo that I have a soft spot for. Some of my other favorites are Marmalade Boy (although that's more early-nineties), Sand Chronicles, Ultra Maniac, and Zettai Kareshi (I even have the third volume of this one in the original Japanese). I used to subscribe to Shojo Beat magazine, but I haven't really liked anything that's come out since then, so I guess that's why my tastes are a bit old-fashioned.  :lol:

I'm surprised you had access to them at 9-10. I didn't have anyone to introduce me anything at that age.

That was around the time (early 2000s) when the first person I dated introduced me to Shoujo :D

I remember I used to have an extreme bias against it. We would spend our time at Barnes and Noble reading, and she would sit in the corner reading her Fruits Basket and the like. 

It's been in recent years that I've watched Fruits Basket and other Shoujos, that I've found enjoyment in them. Besides Fruits Basket and Fushigi Yuugi (great OST), most Shoujos in my knoweldge I admit, are from recent productions.